Pat Robertson. God sent the earthquake because haiti made a pact with the devil.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jan 13, 2010.

1. simple yet impossible to define ,

OK genius I get it now

and you are the one to answer the age old questions for the rest of us

LOL , well at least you think highly of yourself

#51     Jan 15, 2010
  2. More drivel?

It is clear you haven't a clue about how the judgments of a loving God work.
    Continue on your path of free choice and sow as you see fit ...
    when you reap according to what you have sown ...
    do not blame God ... yet your own judgments will be of your own making by
    the very laws of order He has lovingly put into place.

I really understand the temptation to call what you cannot see or understand or believe in as superstitious or moronic.

But to decide that assessment for others isn't looking for any evidence or fruit at all ... but base-lessly making judgment calls on your own personal passions.

I hold to my convictions based on countless proofs that are quite substantial. I hold to it on evidence.

Yet many people have a tizzyfit and speak with no evidence whatsoever and get all emotional ... I see that as the epitome of superstition.

I like truth. Truth is provable. Truth is consistent. Truth clears all the kneejerk propensities away and exposes their instabilities ... like many of the kneejerk reactions evidenced here.

#52     Jan 15, 2010

3. I observe without prejudice.
    Looking for patterns and truths.
    Like I said ... truth is perfect. It is stable.

I am quite amazed that such a valuable skill is not more prominent on an investment site.

No wonder that the wealth that wicked people have will be held in trust to be given to the righteous. It is logical.

#53     Jan 15, 2010
  4. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you.

written by George Carlin:

#54     Jan 15, 2010
  5. I want to donate but i am afraid my $$$ will go to the pockets of the haitian despots:(

#55     Jan 15, 2010
  6. stu

stu

Going from your posts, the losing of your own humility, moral standards and rationality is perhaps what you should be observing.

#56     Jan 15, 2010
  7. Good for a laugh, but shows no thoughtful depth. I would argue that God(s) were mans creation as a result of primal fears, superstitions and natures seeming injustice. It was the opportunists that created religion. They saw an opportunity to give the have nots a chance to even the score, if not in this life, then the next. They necessarily had to hi-jack the Gods in the process, and as one would expect they have been narrowing it down to one God that trumps all others. A process still in the making. They fullfilled the basic human need which seeks balance and explanation for all that surrounds us. A simple creator that provides no rhyme or reason just wasn't/isn't enough to fill the need.

#57     Jan 15, 2010
  8. Interesting assumptions. Just assumptions that you believe ... and they are entirely slanted.

We do agree that religion is deadly however ... I see both religion and rebellion as deadly.

However for me it is not religion at all ... no requirements to make efforts to reach some invisible unproven realm of some mans imagination.

I have a relationship. It is well proven.
    I don't have to perform to be accepted.
    Religion has no place in my belief structure.
    If it did then I would be judgmental rather than observant, biased and harsh without understanding.

Unfortunately that is the majority of response I observe here.

#58     Jan 15, 2010
  9. Not really ... I am observing the radical "Almost Jihad Religious" vehement judgmentalism of others
    ... observing it and simply exposing the continued instability of such.

It is interesting that all that hate and judgment is frothing
    and few can see the very areas of those judging are mirrors of themselves. [People judging more a mirror of their own issues]

What then is blind religion ... those who rant and rave over their belief structures over anothers.

I am simply stating what I know and believe without attacking as you and others are doing.
    I haven't made any of this personal disrespectful attacks, nor attacked personally but exposed general behavioral principles
    and observed the radical rage and personal attacks of the judgmental types.

It is quite a display of internal fruit. This is just an observation.
    I am glad that none of the major attackers are religious ...
    as that level of "Jihad type Hate and disrespect" displayed in the ravings and attacks would be a deadly combination.

I'm just exposing it. The frothing demonstrates it.
    If you will look carefully [and be honest and truthful] you will see that I have not made personal attacks or slanders,
    I have not been disrespectful but simply exposed and rolled back on to the judgmental an exposure of their unfounded judgments.
    Fielding attacks and exposing of unfounded attack and rage and false assumption.

Unfounded rage, attack and false assumption is the very epitome of evil of both religion and rebellion. There is no truth in any of those behaviors. No stability.
    It represents the basest of human behavior and has been responsible for the greatest loss of human life in human history from the early crusades to Hitler.

#59     Jan 15, 2010
  10. Personally I think all collectivists worship the devil, albeit perhaps unwittingly.

#60     Jan 15, 2010