Pat Robertson. God sent the earthquake because haiti made a pact with the devil.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Well, let's see here. You're right about me not giving a flying fig about the Haitian people a few days ago, and I don't give a fuck about them today either. How's that for some hard truth? I care about one country, my country, America. The rest can go pound sand. People in New Orleans are still doing without. People all over this country are suffering. Take care of our own first, then we can go about saving the world. Until then, fuck'em! They ain't doing anything for us.
    Whatever Roberston has done, or will do does not excuse his crazy ass remarks about deals with the devil. Everytime something like this happens he's out there talking about how people have brought it on themselves by their wicked nature. He's fucking nuts! Any money he's giving out ain't his f'n money anyway. It's easy to be the great humanitarian with OPM. It's maniacs like him that give religion a bad name. BTW, I have no preference for organized religion. If I did, I'd hunt that stupid fuck down and kick his ass for making my life tougher. As it is, he and his ilk mean nothing to me.

#31     Jan 14, 2010
  2. but their ancestors made the deal with the devil, nothing to do with the current lot now

#32     Jan 14, 2010
  3. yea right:

"According to its Web site, the mission of Operation Blessing International (OBI) "is to demonstrate God's love by alleviating human need and suffering in the United States and around the world." Founded in 1978 by Pat Robertson, the organization "was originally set up to help struggling individuals and families by matching their needs for items such as clothing, appliances, vehicles with donated items from viewers of The 700 Club." In 1986, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation (OBI) was formed as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to handle international relief projects. In 1993, all Operation Blessing activities were transferred to OBI.

While OBI trumpets its work at home and abroad through its Web site, other sources provide a more nuanced picture. In 1996, the Norfolk, Va.-based Virginia-Pilot newspaper reported that two pilots who were hired by the charity to fly humanitarian aid to Zaire in 1994 were used almost exclusively for Robertson's diamond mining operations. Chief pilot Robert Hinkle, claimed that in the six months he flew for Operation Blessing, only one or two of more than 40 flights were humanitarian -- the rest carried mining equipment. OBI resources were being diverted to support the African Development Co., a private corporation run by Robertson. At the time, Robertson also had a special relationship with Zaire's late dictator, Mobutu Sese Seko.

"My first impression when I took the job was that we'd be called Operation Blessing and we'd be doing humanitarian work," Hinkle, a former Peace Corps volunteer, told the Virginia-Pilot. "We got over there and 'Operation Blessing' was painted on the tails of the airplanes, but we were doing no humanitarian relief at all. We were just supplying the miners and flying the dredges from Kinshasa out to Tshikapa."

#33     Jan 14, 2010
  4. "Oh yeah...so full of hate. I mean spending the last 50 years of his life facilitating money, food, clothing, and water to those in need is someone so full of hate. And forget that humanitarian of the year award in 1982 he got. Humanitarians are generally so full of hate, arent they?"

Pat Robertson net worth estimated at $200,000,000.00

Mother Theresa he is not...

#34     Jan 14, 2010
  5. "Well, let's see here. You're right about me not giving a flying fig about the Haitian people a few days ago, and I don't give a fuck about them today either. How's that for some hard truth? I care about one country, my country, America. The rest can go pound sand. People in New Orleans are still doing without. People all over this country are suffering. Take care of our own first, then we can go about saving the world. Until then, fuck'em! They ain't doing anything for us."

I think the important point you are making, is that America can't really help anyone else until we first help ourselves.

This is such common sense.

When you are on an airplane getting ready for takeoff, the flight attendants make sure to remind people with children or other dependents, to put on their own oxygen mask first, before looking to their dependents.

America is not looking to our own needs first, primarily because of the influence of corporations and in the middle east, Israel and neocons and right wing Christians who are looking for some prophecy to play out.

It is a fact which people seem to want to deny.

It is also national pride. We don't want to admit we are not as strong and powerful as we once were.

We can still care about what happens to others around the world, but until we have our own oxygen masks on first, we can't really see to the needs of others.

#35     Jan 14, 2010
  6. Your reading comprehension isnt that good is it? Did i say he gave away his money? No, I said he facilitated money,medicine, food & water and such things. People that want to give their tithes to a good cause, but dont know where to send it to help others, they send to CBN and they decide where to go. Also Pat Robertson never stated that they brought the earthquake on themselves. He just made some comments about the history of Haiti and they have been having problems ever since. If you watch the entire video segment, Dr. Robertson’s compassion for the people of Haiti is clear. He called for prayer for them. He was giving money to the haitians all year before most Americans even knew where Haiti was. Now people are going around saying "Pat Robertson said the earthquake was Gods wrath against the haitians" when in fact, the only time he even mentioned God was when he said "They need to have, and we need to pray for them,a great turning to God" That was the only mention of God. I swear, the american public school system has so many people dumbed down that they really cant discern what was said from what they want to believe he said.

#36     Jan 14, 2010
  7. They estimate net worth by your ownership in a company and how much that company brings in and how much it could be sold for. He owns CBN and employs a lot of people. He didnt siphon off $200 million in donations to get that net worth. That figure is just what they estimate he could get if he sold CBN which he would never do. Although CBN gets a good deal of money from donations, They do also make money selling books and knick-knacks and a little bit from advertising.

I cant believe i have to explain this type of thing on a trading forum where people should have at least a small clue about how net worth works.

#37     Jan 14, 2010
  8. Katrina multiplied by 1000

As for Roberston, I think most people would agree that, by and large, people prepare their own fate.

#38     Jan 14, 2010
  9. Robertson is many times more offensive, he has a daily showcase for his offensivness and stupidness. Wright was a one time public embaressment, he doesn't force himself on the national public stage daily.

#39     Jan 14, 2010
  10. What I find interesting in this thread is excessive judgmentalism.

Regardless of it being christian, religious, atheistic, anti-religion, liberal or what have you.

The bubbling up of unclean and mean spirited toxins represents the worst in mans self-justified self-righteousness. [Light forces out manifestations, by nature.]

Pat Robertson spoke the truth based on insight and understanding.
    He recognized the core of the problem and offered truth that they could repent and avoid future problems.
    He also is pouring in benevolent and merciful help more than any naysayer on this thread.

Just because someone of understanding describes a complex law of order ... doesn't make them harsh.

No more than someone describing the dangers of gravity to the uneducated.

There are rules as to the way things work in our world that are not accepted by the religious or rebellious ... but that doesn't change those rules of Gods order.

Pat gets it. However he could have been carefully gracious for those who do not.

"Does dross voluntarily float in the refiners fire?
    OR does the heat absorbed by the gold cause it to be extremely malleable,
    flexible and find the utmost lowest place to go,
    thereby forcing the unclean impurities to surface?"

#40     Jan 14, 2010