Pat Caddell, furious over ‘hypocrites’ in the White House, unloads on Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Pat Caddell, furious over ‘hypocrites’ in the White House, unloads on Obama

Veteran Democratic operative Pat Caddell is unloading on the White House, saying he’s had enough with the president whose “hypocrisy” on campaign finance “is just mind-blowing.”

President Obama has made a point while campaigning to call out conservative-leaning groups for hurting the integrity of elections by not voluntarily disclosing donors. Caddell says Obama has no room to talk.

“My problem with Obama started the day he blew up public financing of presidential campaigns,” Caddell said in an interview with The Daily Caller. “He’s the man whose done the most to destroy whatever integrity there was in campaign financing.”

Obama declined public funding of his presidential campaign in 2008.

The administration’s attacks, Caddell said, on groups like the Chamber of Commerce and donors like the conservative Koch brothers reek of McCarthyism.“I was the youngest person on Richard Nixon’s enemies list. I take this stuff seriously. What they’re doing is Nixonian – it’s McCarthyite,” he said.

Caddell, who has worked for a number of presidential campaigns, including Joe Biden’s in 1988, said making outside money an election issue is a risky strategy for the Democrats. “You’re 21 days out from an election and this is what you’ve got? That’s it? Nothing about jobs or the economy?”

It won’t be pretty for his party, Caddell says. “Come the morning of November 2, they’re going to have a cold shower. It’s going to be an Arctic temperature.”

Caddell also took a swing at Obama’s inner circle.

“These are naive idiots who’ve come out of academia and have never done anything real in their lives, and they are actually in power,” he said. “These are the people we never let in the room when we had serious business to do. Now they’re running the country.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/14/p...e-white-house-unloads-on-obama/#ixzz12SA5rKGH

2. Hello

Hello

Its funny how dems bitch and moan about corporations being able to provide campaign financing/ad financnig while they love the fact that unions are allowed to do the same thing.

The first time i hear of a dem bitching about the teachers unions financing adds/campaigns i might actually take them seriously. They have absolutely no problem taknig money from special interests/lobbyists as long as its their special interes/lobbyist groups.

3. Disappointment? Surprise? Can't imagine why... after all, Obama has LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY.. except about "fundamentally transforming the USA"... (Into a Communist-like economy and culture.) Great... the ONE thing he doesn't lie about is catastrophic for the country... :mad: :mad: