Pat Boone says ‘moral values’ are missing from today’s Films: ‘America’s image is being destroyed’

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by FortuneTeller, Apr 28, 2022.

1. %%
    AMEN+ we had a much better USA when 10 commandments are posted on school house walls. Our church + my house has then posted .
    And noting the law, the MO+ LA AG is suing big tech '' biggest most corrupt institutions'' FOX news reports...............................................................................

2. Imagine how better things would be if everyone followed the 10 commandments.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    Much,, much better.......................................................

FortuneTeller likes this.
  4. stu

stu

No, not better at all.
    The 10 Commandments as a series of guiding principles truly suck. They're flawed and pointless.

1. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
    Really? Top of the list! Narcissism, jealousy and religious suppression. That's already brought us into the realms of pathetic.
    2. Thou shalt not make thee any graven image
    Instead of listing truly important codes to help generations of humanity make the world a better place, we get just about one of the most ridiculous instructions possible, amounting to little else than the reinforcement of commandment 1.
    3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain
    Next most important apparently, the Great Kim Jong-un of the sky requires you do not criticize it and in full dictatorships style.
    4. Keep holy the Sabbath day
    Why exactly? Is this only to make life more difficult, or is there some other depraved meaning somewhere hidden in a command that according to the Bible has a man stoned to death for not following it. However, on which day did this unfortunate come to get his comeuppance for collecting sticks? Is the Sabbath day on Saturday or on Sunday? We are only up to commandment 4 yet already Jews and later Christians are sounding no better than their own versions the Taliban.
    5. Honor thy father and mother
    Again, the penalty for not abiding by this one is death. However, what about parents who are violent, abusive and cruel to their children? Hardly seems essential at this point anyway to require them to be honoring such when so many basic humanitarian issues are missing from the list.​

6. Thou shalt not kill
    At last, a genuinely useful command, but how come all the other nonsensical ones before it?
    Prior to biblical times, societies and cultures had lists too which precluded killing and it’s pretty easy anyway to see why murder is wrong. Hardly a divinely inspired rule especially coming this late in priorities. But what about self defense? Nevertheless, seemingly the religious need to be told killing is wrong but only because their god tells them so. Makes one wonder how Christians can justify the electric chair, but it seems not worshipping graven images (like crucifixes!) does afterall come first!​

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
    Seriously? Funny how that Taliban influence is seeping through religious laws and at inappropriate points. Death for that also. But there ya go!​

8. Thou shalt not steal
    At last we’re on a roll. Another good rule but I’d suggest by now everyone could have agreed much earlier on that murder and stealing are both wrong, so how come Christians need to be told and commanded not to murder or steal, rather than instinctively knowing themselves?
    9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
    Next to last and it took this long to wade through so much preceding bullshit to arrive at what is one, if not the, most profound and useful instruction to have. Not just no lying, but also that which damages others (like perjury and false accusation for instance). Pity things like this aren’t more predominant, seeing how apparently some can’t see how they are wrong without being told they are.
    10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s ox.
    Where does the basic motivation in capitalism come from if not out of some degree of envy, to want what others have? Nothing wrong with a bit of coveting as a driver and motivation to improve oneself. But oh no, far more important to impose every other kind of vague and simplistic rule, whilst at the same time overlooking entirely the existence of things like slavery and the fate servants and just about every other humanitarian issue. Better to impose a form of mind control that totalitarian dictators use to control every aspect of their subjects lives.​

As Christopher Hitchens once wisely said, do not swallow your moral code in tablet form.
    I think his own Hitchments would serve far better

1. Do not condemn people based on their ethnicity or color.
    2. Do not ever use people as private property.
    3. Despise those who use violence or the threat of it in sexual relations.
    4. Hide your face and weep if you dare to harm a child.
    5. Do not condemn people for their inborn nature.
    6. Be aware that you too are an animal and dependent on the web of nature, and think and act accordingly.
    7. Do not imagine that you can escape judgment if you rob people with a false prospectus rather than with a knife.
    8. Turn off that fucking cell phone.
    9. Denounce all jihadists and crusaders for what they are: psychopathic criminals with ugly delusions.
    10. Be willing to renounce any god or any religion if any holy commandments should contradict any of the above.

Imagine how better things would be if everyone followed those.

5. I will mention just three of the dumb things in Hitchens list for now:

8- Turn off that fucking cell phone.

Why? Is he afraid of cell phones? Did they affect his mind? Looks probable to me.

I watched a show the other day where a murderer was caught because the girl he murdered did indeed, have her cell phone on until the ass got to her. If she had turned it off, they never would of placed her and the ass who killed her at the same place/time. (they used his cell phone records against him). I guess you side with the murderer because he failed to turn off his cell phone? This is only one example where cell phones can be used for good. I guess ol' Hitchens didn't like new technology and probably didn't even own a microwave. lol

Also #5 above kind of goes along with the murderer. His inborn nature was to plan, then stalk, then murder his victim. And we should not condemn him for his inborn nature? Should we admire Ted Bundy also?

#10 is retarded also since it talks about renouncing any God who goes against turning off your cell phone? (see #8)

Just these 3 examples prove that Hitchens is/was out of his mind. I don't know if this dude is still alive but it looks like he had mental problems.

When I have more time, I will chop up the rest of your post. :cool:

iprph90 likes this.
  6. stu

stu

so as not to mention the ten dumb things in the commandments
    :p

7. You didn't address any of my comments on Hitchens because you can not.

8. stu

stu

Considering the order of what's been said so far, that's got to go down as one of the dumbest posts ever on ET.:rolleyes:

9. iprph90

iprph90

#10     May 15, 2022