Pastor: GOP may be downplaying Palin's religious beliefs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 11, 2008.

1. How do you figure we're not in Pakistan? We've been bombing them for days. Obama has used the code words "Pakistani border" in recent public remarks about Afghanistan including his interview with O'Reilly

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...troop-crossborder-raids-from-Afghanistan.html

Bad news here.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PAKISTAN_US?SITE=CODER&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

And on Iraq. Get a clue. Opposing the surge was NOT supporting our troops. The surge saved lives and Obama is CLEARLY paying the price in diminished popularity by not recognizing that. Coming clean after the fact is just 20/20 hindsight.

#21     Sep 11, 2008

2. The fact is our country needs money, and desperately. As Obama said, there is no free lunch. Another fact is that the top 5% own 50% of all the wealth. They are the only ones flourishing ( thanks in no small part to a rich favoring tax system) and who can afford to pay extra taxes. The middle and lower classes of our country are what's suffering, they're making less and less money and all the while costs are going up and on top of that their money is now worth less due to inflation. They don't have the money to give. It's not a matter of what's fair or what works in a great economy, its about what we have to do to keep this from spiraling out of control. I'm conservative by nature, I believe in free markets and I believe in the gov keeping its nose out of our business and businesses, but I also recognize that lack of regulation and "letting the markets work" is a huge part of what got us into this mess in the first place. I realize that there is much work to be done in education, regulation, and alternative energy...work that will cost money but is essential to out nations future. I would love for all that revenue to come via taxes from a booming economy, but right now that's unrealistic, and it has to come from somewhere. The also believe in a small central gov, but I also see how absolutely essential the central gov is when adverting, or dealing with a crisis (eg FDR's new deal). We cant go on doing what we've been doing as expect our economy to simply fix itself, and alternate energy/war efforts to pay for themselves.

#22     Sep 11, 2008
  3. Think about it.

The Federal government had no business being in the depositor insurance business much less in the mortgage under writing business. Much of this stupidity goes back to FDR. He was akin to the first naked put seller.

Likewise the Federal government has no business being in the energy development business. Do you think there's ANY shortage of global capital looking to profit from efficient alt energies? Battery cars, cleaner nuclear ect.

The government probably should stay out of the education business. Anyone here impressed by the state of our urban public schools? And one look at how poorly socialized health care is working in Canada and Europe should be a warning as well. Imagine if Canada's woeful system was all of a sudden swamped by illegal Mexicans and less than health conscious American blacks?

We keep INVENTING crisis. Instead of just sucking it up-heck ALLOW home prices to cave 60%-we continue to make half ass efforts to micro manage every little thing. It's an outdated model. It's broke. It's unfixable. Darwin For President.

#23     Sep 11, 2008
  4. Because the lower incomes don't pay taxes. The more who don't pay taxes, the lower their average incomes.

This is called "counting your chickens." And if they do win, they are similar to the Democrats in philosophy.

Same with France and the UK.

Would you like a Ford with that dodge? Your argument is that Mexican kids will just join gangs and therefore should not be subsidized. The reality is that some people do and some people don't. Unless you have some psychic method of deciding who will...

Ahh, I see the method of deciding -- skin color.

It's like you're out of a time machine from decades ago. In fact, whites are moving to city centers.

http://tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=264510ca-2170-49cd-bad5-a0be122ac1a9

Not quite. "Introduced by Rep. George Cushingberry on May 15, 2007, to authorize salaries for Detroit School Board members equal to 90 percent of what Wayne County Commission members are paid, plus a pension benefit equal to 90 percent of commissioners’ pension. Commissioners get an annual salary of $68,767."

And frankly, if you would teach school in Detroit, you deserve it.

No, it's actually a fact. Cities overall are not bankrupt and are paying their bills. Again, it's like you've dropped out of a time machine from 1970's New York.

Where did you get this misinformation? For starters, the polls are still showing Obama with a small, marginal lead over McCain with or without Palin. You can see that here:

http://pollingreport.com/wh08gen.htm

Well it's more than an opinion as it's buttressed by facts, such as the national debt and military adventurism.

#24     Sep 11, 2008
    #25     Sep 11, 2008
  6. With respect, this is a load of crap.

First of all, he is definitely not lowering taxes for the "bottom 95%." He has proposed reclassifying welfare payments as tax refunds, even though the recipients didn't pay any taxes to begin with. That's apparently how he comes up with a "reduction."

He definitely is not for lowering the estate tax. That is a big target for class warfare democrats. It is scheduled to be eliminated under the Bush tax cuts, but dems want to keep it in force. It is a big item for small businesses, farmers, etc, not just for Bill Gates. The super rich have ways of avoiding it. The semi rich do not.

Regarding class warfare, I don't know what else you call trying to buy votes by promising to take money from one group, the so-called rich, and handing it out to another. And justifying it because they can "afford it." Maybe you have room in your house to allow a welfare family to move in with you. You can "afford it." How's that sound to you?

In Obama's marxist world, cap gains tax are the ultimate form of class warfare. Who owns stock and property? Not the people screaming for white blood at Rev. Wright's church. Actually a lot of rather ordinary people will be hurt through their pension funds, etc but no one thinks that far when a demagogue like Obama is shouting populist nonsense.

#26     Sep 11, 2008
    #27     Sep 11, 2008
    #28     Sep 11, 2008
  9. Thank's AAA. I'm tired of typing/responding to this stupidity. At least it keeps me from getting short ES.........

#29     Sep 11, 2008
  10. regarding the topic of this thread

What are the Democrats doing regarding OBAMA's religious beliefs. Remember, his pastor - Rev. Wright? and his nonsense nad TV interviews?

Somehow, Obama could sit in the man's church for 20 years, and "not get offended" until he was running for the presidency?

#30     Sep 12, 2008