"...Past Performances of developed Automated Systems" Post 'Em Here.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by easymon1, Oct 2, 2020.

1. easymon1

easymon1

Perusing ET's content trove we venture across posts about performance of developed Automated Systems.

When You do, - Please Post Right Here a Link To That Entry! (right click "Share" in the source post's lower right corner, then left-click on "Copy Link Location", then Paste That Link into an entry in this thread.

bender.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  2. cvds16

cvds16

3. Dazz

Dazz

that looks like a vaudevillian site; glitter, no live trading; goof ball track records; and they are manged accounts, self trading is a joke. This is a sales site.

4. People are dumb enough to fall for this crap? Thats sad and hilarious

Dazz and Snuskpelle like this.
  5. Dazz

Dazz

it is sad and hilarious and so true! I do trade in a robot site managed by a human in real time, day trading. While no track record on the site, there is a video of bot trading with a track record/ P/L day is spiffy. see this video:

6. easymon1

easymon1

How do robot traders deal with trading during economic report releases which a responsible day trader would step aside for while doing hands on trading?

Do users of these systems stay in or step aside?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  7. Rick_K

Rick_K

I don't know if this thread is dead (hopefully not), but here's an automated system that I hope this community considers looking into. The name is TruTrade (not trueTrade and not truetrader). The website has a telephone number that struggles to answer and cannot take a voicemail. The domain registration information is shielded by a registrar in Panama (I think). There are no performance results posted on the website, nor any mention of backtests or forward walk testing. No drawdown stats, Sharpe ratios, ... anything. There are no reviews of this system on the internet (but the company does provide ample 'live' trade example videos in their YouTube channel.) The only 'information' I could find on the net were various press releases from the company made to look like news articles planted on news aggregator websites. These releases provide the name Danny Rebello of Scottsdale, AZ. All of these press releases are from late 2020. Essentially the only way you can find out more is if you sign up on the website for a live demo. A few red flags to be sure.

Nevertheless, curiosity got ahold of me and I signed up for the live demo. Within minutes I received a call on my cell from "Nevada" ... which I usually ignore as telemarketing ... but thinking that it might be them I picked up. It was and I setup a time for him to call back and give me a demo. I was hoping to see the bot trade during optimal trading hours (for me that's 8:30am - 11:00am CST), but he offered to call back in 2 hrs., which was about 1:00pm CST. Definitely a lull time during the day which I initially wasn't thrilled with.

Actually it was a good time to see this thing because if it could be profitable during a choppy part of the day, maybe it would do really well during non chop periods. And to be honest, it looked pretty good. 3 profitable trades in the 50 min demo and the chart had absolutely no discernible trending whatsoever.

The sales pitch was not heavy and did not try to create scarcity by offering a "today only" deal. In fact, the guy who called didn't seem to care one way or another when I said that I couldn't pull a $7K trigger on this deal at that moment. He just said to call him back if I was interested.

So, although this has piqued my interest, I'm skeptical (by nature) due to all of the red flags noted earlier. Look, I wouldn't be adverse to dropping the $7K for the bot (or $3500 to trade micros only.... which is a little strange TBH) if it was going to meet my needs.

I know elitetrader typically has a history of shooting down the idea of automated systems but I thought I'd toss this out there. Hopefully, someone here (1) knows something about this system or (2) would be willing to setup a live demo for themselves and report back their impressions.

And, before I get accused of being some type of advertising shill plant by the company because I'm a brand new member here, I assure you that's not the case. I'm just a trader that looks at everything. I've been active (somewhat) on futures.io and a regular participant on usethinkscript.com where you can see that I've never endorsed someone's product.

Sincere thanks to anyone who responds.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    IETD and easymon1 like this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

Can the company put you in contact with a satisfied customer or two?

9. Rick_K

Rick_K

Thanks for responding. That's definitely one of the questions that needs asking. I figured that I'd put this post out there to see if a consensus of thoughts and questions would arise before I made contact with them again.

If you take a demo, I'd love to hear your thoughts posted back here. :)

10. IETD

IETD

#10     Jun 24, 2021