Past gapper history

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by LastStance, Dec 19, 2019.

1. It may be something simple but I really couldn't find it by googling it. I'm doing research on past gapping stocks. I have the historical data of but don't know what symbols to look at since I don't know what gaps up or down the most in any particular day.

Is there anywhere I can find it? Thanks!

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Scan the database for open greater than close.

athlonmank8 and murray t turtle like this.
  3. %%
    Biggest gaps, up or down generally speaking, come around earnings, or take overs. So with enough data, any stock will gap up or down. TSLA past 52 weeks, has gapped down 14%, gapped up 17%, gapped down 6%. Sure not a stock tip on TSLA , LOL:D:D,:D:D:D:D:D

% gainers, screen.
    I googled price gaps up in DEC, took me to barchart.com. Plenty of them[up or down] there

4. jharmon

jharmon

Research it yourself.

But make sure you don't have survivorship bias and only use major exchange listed trading periods - you don't want to use periods of OTC trading, as practically everything gaps on OTC.

Biotechs are particularly gappy due to their sensitivity to trial results.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Spikeet

Spikeet

hey, check out our platform, we have developed an advanced filtering mechanism that lets you pull out this exact data (and a lot of other filtering rules):

upload_2020-5-9_23-14-13.png

6. joeious

joeious

stockdatatracker.com has past gappers and gainers. I got mine from them. Their data format is exactly what I am looking for to consolidate my analysis.

7. jharmon

jharmon

First time poster promoting "stockdatatracker", welcome. Intriguing you would come to this topic. Affiliated, perhaps?

8. joeious

joeious

You're right, they gave me a discount on my next purchase for a screenshot of me sharing it on any platform relevant to trading. My bad if it seemed spammy, got what I needed. Cheers man.