Passionate Futures traders

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Michael Patak, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm not saying you can't sell subscriptions. I could sell weed to 12 year olds if I wanted to make a quick buck. I'm talking about getting "real" backing with "real" money. There are guys on C2 with 90% drawdowns that have paid subscribers. I know, I've seen it. There are a lot of desperate people out there willing to pay $100 to $250 a month and throw all risk into the wind. Again, that's not a formula for longevity in this business.

#11     Dec 6, 2011
  2. Lucias

Lucias

For some real data.. I have one of the top ranked longest tracked futures system on C2. My performance this year is on track to do over 55%.. could hit 60% to 65%. My max drawdown under 14% and maybe less. These are estimates of course and thats after all fees. My max risk per trade is somewhere around 3% to 3.5% now but I had some trades lose more then that. I dunno what you mean by real money... someone is taking my trades with real money. I didn't know there were different kinds of real money.

#12     Dec 6, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm talking about getting real backing. The kind you were asking for when you e-mailed me about 15 times. Getting 7 or 8 figures or working at a prop firm. Nobody is going to make a living long term on subscription fees. At some point you have to look at the big picture. Where do you want to go with this. I hope your dream is not to stay on C2.

#13     Dec 6, 2011
  4. Lucias

Lucias

I'd still be interested in getting that backing, for sure. Obviously, I don't have the same edge those firms do with my directional trading. At end of day though, being at the top of my game is worth more then working for a name. Fortunately, they aren't opposed ideas. So, sure.. be nice.

#14     Dec 6, 2011
  5. volente_00

volente_00

12% ?

They only want you to generate $6,000 per month on $2500 worth of intraday margin. Piece of cake .

#15     Dec 6, 2011
  6. volente_00

volente_00

If your system was what you claim why are you peddling it as a vendor for peanuts instead of making a killing with your own money ?

:confused:

#16     Dec 6, 2011
  7. Mvector

Mvector

True - no more than 1% a month drawdown and 3% to 5% monthly returns is golden to attract real money - with never more than 1/2% acct risk in any one day.

#17     Dec 7, 2011
  8. AK100

AK100

So many corporate cliches, but you missed one - 'next generation software' :)

#18     Dec 7, 2011
  9. quannabe

quannabe

Just found this thread, and find the topic relevant. With the "trading arcade" model dying the death of 1000 paper cuts, it seems to me that the old arcade firms could use something of a combine model to farm good talent; particularly if they want to move some revenue mix to the "hedge fund model" like Shony is supposedly taking. So the $60,000 question is, who is legitimately competing using the combine model?

It's a fair argument that the intent of Topstep is to run a subscription/data business under the guise of farming managers due to the high hurdle requirement. So, who's really doing it? It seems to me that any hedge fund looking to maintain an edge, would use the combine model to farm new market wizards. Surely Patak isn't the only one doing this, is he?

#19     Mar 8, 2012
  10. emg

emg

It is obvious there is no barrier to entry in this prop firm. Everybody can get in. Barrier to entry increases the quality of the firm decreases the quantity. No barrier to entry decreases the quality of the firm increases the quantity.

They target small traders (The Ghettos)

#20     Mar 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.