Passing the computer snappy scalps only

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Bugenhagen, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Not going to be interesting, I am just posting a few days to show someone who says indices are "too random" to scalp off charts with positive expectancy bla bla commissions eat too much.. etc.

Oh and Nasdaq liquidity is insufficient to use more than 5 contracts per entry without "messy slippage" and "nobody scalp trades with limit orders" more bla :) (actually it is fine).

NQ Nasdaq 5 minute chart, literally taking a few trades passing in and out from a project in my workshop next door.

upload_2019-12-4_12-8-41.png

8/8 in-out trades x 10 cars per

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    yc47ib, SteveH, Evgeniy and 3 others like this.
  2. great. it looks like your holding period is very short, less than 1 min?

3. Scalping is definitely doable on the indexes, but it just isn't the way I want to work. Good luck.

4. scalping on a 5 min chart..nice demo.

5. .sigma

.sigma

So pink arrows indicate going short and blue arrows long? Do these arrows appear in real-time?

6. i do not think he scalps on 5-min chart.

7. well his example shows it. i dont think he scalps at all!! scalping 10 lots isnt easy for retail anymore. slippage and algo will eat your lunch and limits dont fill until crossed typically so u are instantly down 12.5 x 10 or 125 in plus 30 in fees. so down 155 then if u catch 2 ticks u have the same problem exiting. if u go mkt u pay 125 again and if limit u will be lucky to get filled without a cross. so basically ur risl reward starts at - 250 dollars to make 125 if you catch 1 tick and after fees of 30 bucks you are at 95 dollars. now if the mkt should go against you you are doubly fucked. say it drops a point n you exit..so now down 500 and you have to dig out again yup with a bunch of negative 250 trades..to make 95 bucks each if u catch 1 tick. common knowledge says 3 to 1 so if cost is 290 125 plus 125 plus 30..280 whatever then you need to always scalp n make 870 / 12.5 = 7 ticks so you can never make less than 7 ticks to make money. if u take trade profit b4 7 ticks u will lose. thats a lot to gain .
    7 ticks x12.5=87.50 ×10= 875 dollars per scalp.

comagnum, Fx-Game and Heydrrich like this.
  8. .sigma

.sigma

Hurts my head man..

Just go long a few contracts of the spooz and call it a day lol

9. Fx-Game

Fx-Game

This (first pic) is so bullshit...
    Have seen thousands of arrows like this on chart, shown by technical indicators,... You are always too late, the range eats your portfolio.
    How can people fall for this?!

Use common sense and experience.

10. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Yes, 5 minute chart is all I'm using. That and checking the major release/news calendar.

I'm just illustrating a point for maybe a few days that an experienced trader can comfortably beat chance in small moves, it is not a random entry 'coin toss' etc. as my friend says.

This it not a "good" way to trade but it is not an invalid approach (plenty of great traders grab scalps if they are in the mood) as long as you keep it snappy and don't try and force things.

#10     Dec 5, 2019