Passed the SMB Futures tryout in 15 days

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trade2020, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Our option B is the Gauntlet Mini. Our option A is The Gauntlet. It was the first offering of our company and offers a maximum drawdown. If you expect a proprietary trading firm to offer you fixed capital with maximum risk on their part and none on yours, then you can provide a longer trading history then 15 trading days. That is why the Gauntlet takes 60 days to complete. If you were to walk into any proprietary trading firm with the expectation of getting hired you would need a very lengthy and successful trading background to even get an offer of 50%.

The Gauntlet Mini offers a short path to funding at a large risk to the proprietary trading firm. No proprietary trading firm makes its calculations based on how much they could possibly profit. They make calculations based on how much they can afford to lose. That is the basis of successful trading according to any metric. We are proud of the funding that we have done and we are very happy for the traders who have profited from their successes in the Gauntlet and the Gauntlet Mini. We will continue to improve the experience for candidates and traders as much as possible and provide the best customer support in our industry.

#41     Feb 24, 2020
    Sekiyo likes this.
  2. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

I meant total Equity 15000.
    -5000 free from TST 20% is 10000 left
    20% from 10000 is 2000 + 165$ 1 month combine.

Ain’t that clear I know ...

#42     Feb 24, 2020
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Why do you use such large virtual account sizes? Why not simply say your virtual starting capital is between 1500 and 4500 bux, instead of the fake 25K to 150K? Maybe that will put fear into the traders' souls, so they don't do something silly like try to trade 3,4 or 10 lots with that 1500-4500 capital?

#43     Feb 24, 2020
    traderjo and Sekiyo like this.
  4. trade2020

trade2020

The problem with your regular Gauntlet is the max offer being tied to the drawdown in the simulator

Drawdown in Gauntlet 2% or less - Drawdown offered $2500 and a full refund of $429 spent - --meaning your "net" funding from the traders perspective is really $2,500 - $2,500 because you get a refund of the $429 spent on the gauntlet)

Drawdown in Gauntlet 3% or less - Drawdown offered $2000 (minus $429 spent on gauntlet--meaning your "net" funding from the traders perspective is really $1571 - $2,000 minus the $429 spent on the gauntlet since no refund)

Drawdown in Gauntlet 4.5% or less - Drawdown offered $1,750 (minus $429 spent on gauntlet----meaning your "net" funding from the traders perspective is really $1371 - $1,750 minus the $429 spent on the gauntlet since no refund)

Drawdown in Gauntlet 7% or less - Drawdown offered $1,500 (minus $429 spent on gauntlet - --meaning your "net" funding from the traders perspective is really $1071 - $1,500 minus the $429 spent on the gauntlet since no refund)

Drawdown in Gauntlet 10% or less - Drawdown offered $1,000 (minus $429 spent on gauntlet - --meaning your "net" funding from the traders perspective is really $571 - $1,000 minus the $429 spent on the gauntlet since no refund)

conversely the offers in the mini-gauntlet are --for the most part - the same offer (meaning the same max drawdown and max daily loss) that was in the particular mini gauntlet you passed--So as long as you pass the mini gauntlet whether you had a 2% drawdown or just barely missed the max drawdown--you get the same offer in most cases

So with mini-gauntlet - you get no refund and no bump in financing for extreme excellent performance in the tryout and conversely as long as you meet the criteria for passing you get the same parameters as as the tryout for your funded account (similar to Topstep's "guaranteed funding same as combine" if you pass

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    #44     Feb 24, 2020
  5. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Agree.

At first I traded 1% of 150k.
    I end up trading 1/3 of 4500.

LMAO

#45     Feb 24, 2020
  6. Firstly, once you are funded by Helios and you build up a successful trading history with them you are free to negotiate with them as you like, just as you would in any company. I can't say here what they would or would not agree to. That is between you and them once you are working together.

Your other points are seriously wild, but I'll do my best to address them.

- If you don't see the positive in paying 20% out of 100% of money that you were given as startup capital then this is just not for you.

- The idea that getting money from a loan shark would be cheaper than getting funded is so preposterous and backwards it beggars the imagination how you came to that conclusion.

- The idea is that one should build up a base from one's profits and withdraw gradually. Withdraw gradually and conservatively while slowly building a base to trade more. It's about conserving one's trading capital and minimising risk to the company. If you consider this a hamster wheel, it is no wonder that you consider getting funded equivalent to taking money from a loan shark.

#46     Feb 24, 2020
  7. The problem you stated was with the Trailing Drawdown and that's what I addressed. If you think that there is an additional problem based on the metric used to determine a maximum drawdown then that is a different issue. Regardless, we offer both. Congratulations on getting funded and we hope you realise all of your profit targets trading with Helios.

#47     Feb 24, 2020
  8. trade2020

trade2020

Yes it would be good for Helios to chime in here. Isnt at least one owner (or manager) of Helios an owner (or manager) of Earn2Trade as well?

Every trader and trading history is of course unique so just because Helios made a certain better deal with one trader based on their consistently good trading history over a specific amount of time doesnt mean or guarantee (or imply in any way) that they will do the same with anyone else even for similar or better trading

However--it would be nice if Helios would chime in here and perhaps state an example or 2 of deals that they have done in the recent past to increase a traders funded account parameters as far as increasing trailing drawdown or converting trailing drawdowns into fix drawdowns
    or at least something other than just stating that we eventually let that trader be able to hold positions thru news events such as Fed minutes or employment #'s - that to most traders means nothing--what really counts to the majority of traders is max drawdown size and whether it is fixed drawdown or trailing , and max daily loss -- although my understanding is that - in a funded account - once you have surpassed your trailing drawdown in profits generated that the max daily loss goes away as well and it just becomes a function at that point of dont let your account balance hit $0 whether through trading losses or withdrawals

#48     Feb 24, 2020
  9. I assume you are working with Helios now if I'm not mistaken. Why don't you just email them and ask?

#49     Feb 24, 2020
  10. trade2020

trade2020

already have asked Helios and the only upgrade offered in return was holding positions through news events. No drawdown increase, no conversion of trailing drawdown to fixed drawdown. Regardless if you are a successful trader, generate large profits -- if you withdraw all your profits down to zero then your funded account is closed ----period ---- because your trailing drawdown is essentially evaporated by your withdrawal of all of your profits down to zero

#50     Feb 24, 2020
    Lniner likes this.