Passage of health care bill good for the S&P Futures?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Gcapman, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

I don't think that the bill being passed is necessarily going to rally the markets.

I do think that the dollar will continue to go up however on this plus the G20 news.

Thoughts?

2. Jym

Jym

I think it'll be bearish for the market if anything but that may just be my Puts talking

3. Yea, buy more puts you gonna lose big Guy, Dow closes over 10k after the worst jobs report over decade , and you think health care bill is going to affect it? You mus Be dreaming.

4. Jym

Jym

It's more the head and shoulders pattern on the SP 500 and the inverse head and shoulders on the dollar that has me bearish.
    We close above 1080 sometime next week and i suppose i'll be trading my puts in for some calls.

5. Could be,we need some volume though. And.then Amzn,Aapl highs are very positive for overall Market.
    s

6. I think it will be bearish for health care industry, but overall it will be bullish.

medical expenses for most american who didn't have health insurance (due to ridiculous terms like 'pre-condition') have been the major issue, and this is something that will make people to be positive.

and soon, health insurance companies will be dropping the premiums to the level where government wants to see.

no more fat margin goes into health insurance companies.
    our insurance policy has been messed up for decades.

7. Non-event.

8. Lots to go before it becomes law.

9. You think the dollar will continue to go up? What?

What G20 news was dollar positive?

10. ammo

ammo

iwant to short the insurance ETF, anyone know of a heavily traded one

#10     Nov 8, 2009