Party of law and order, fighters for constitutional republics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Bugenhagen likes this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Dude, are you getting paid by the post now? You make it sound like there aren't examples of a hundred or so democrats that are guilty of heinous crimes and being hypocritical.

smallfil likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Bugenhagen likes this.
  5. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

I never knew Ingram was a shoplifter.

6. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Demanding a pardon because she just did what Trump told her to do, well she will take a plea deal to testify to that in the impeachment trial I am sure.

Probably should not have been taken alive by the FBI lady.

NESL2lAR9TnnI5fvzT1zpupKoPifzmZlJWx3W4Lrdu4.jpg

Haha, when an old cartoon comes back around.

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

8. Please do not post any pics of this vile looking creature. It's quite bothersome to look at.

Thank you.

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

McConnell announces opposition to Jan. 6 commission

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell announced in floor remarks Wednesday that he is opposed to the Jan. 6 commission to investigate the attack on the Capitol.

"After careful consideration, I've made the decision to oppose the House Democrats slanted and unbalanced proposal for another commission to study the events of January 6th. As everybody surely knows, I repeatedly made my views about the events of January 6th very clear. I spoke clearly and left no doubt about my conclusions," McConnell said.

McConnell's comments come as the House is set to vote today on legislation to create the commission, which House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy also came out strongly against.

McConnell said on the Senate floor there already is, and has been, investigations into the Capitol riot by the federal government and it is not clear what new information would come out of another probe.

"The facts have come out and they will continue to come out," he said.

McConnell also criticized Democrats' handling of the proposal, saying the effort has been done in a partisan way.

“What is clear, is that House Democrats have handled this proposal in partisan bad faith,” he continued, “From initially offering a laughingly partisan starting point, to continuing to insist on various other features under the hood that are designed to centralize control over the Commission’s process, and it’s conclusion in Democratic hands.”
    "I've been an outspoken critic of all the episodes of the political violence," he said, adding that he supports justice for any American who has broken the law.

This commission will need 60 votes in the Senate to pass, and McConnell’s opposition could kill the bill in the higher chamber.

Right before McConnell announced he won't back the commission, Schumer, in his floor remarks, pointed to "sad" and "unfortunate" reports that the Senate Republican leader “might be following his House colleagues down the rabbit hole and will oppose the commission” and said, “I hope that isn't true."

He added: “But the American people will see for themselves whether our Republican friends stand on the side of truth or on the side of Donald Trump."

The bill House lawmakers will vote on today would create a 10-person commission, with each party getting an equal number of appointments and subpoena power.

The legislation tasks the panel with examining "the facts and circumstances of the January 6th attack on the Capitol as well as the influencing factors that may have provoked the attack on our democracy."

10. I love how the OP can't get this crap off his mind. He's letting the people he's angry at win and get the best of him. Take a break do something fun go out and grab a drink.

#10     May 20, 2021