Party Crashers should not be considered criminals.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 28, 2009.

1. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125934769738866723.html?mod=rss_Today's_Most_Popular

The fuckers pay taxes like everyone else and The president and VP our earning salaries paid by our tax money.

When you buy stock you have the right to attend shareholder meetings and actually shake hands with the CEO.

Since they are Taxpayers, They should have every right to shake hands with the president and eat with the rest of them.

I never understood these special parties where only a select are allowed to participate like somehow they are royalty.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

simple, they consider themselves royalty and we continue to allow them to get away with it.

3. Great point........

4. Are you kidding me? Did you see Michelle Obama's evening gown? It was absolutely fabulous.

5. I'm a Republican, but I'll play Democrat's advocate. The President is no regular CEO. He's the most important person in this (currently) free world.

Those party crashers could be assassins. Don't you guys watch James Bond movies? If it CAN happen, you have to treat it as though it MAY happen.

If they broke any laws, they need to be prosecuted. Pranksters need to be shown the REAL world.

6. M Jared

M Jared

This whole thing is a diversionary story to take the attention off the Climate change email scandal and the Obama media is eating it right up

Trillions are at stake with cap and trade,obamas other climate initiatives as well as Al Gores personal fortune,cant have a potentially damming story come out that it might all be a hoax

Now with the Tiger Woods story and its continued unfolding the climate change scandal will be forgotten about before you know it

7. Absolutely. And if all Americans wanted to attend the State Dinner, then the White House should have been prepared to accommodate over 300 million people. Hell, as a taxpayer you should have the right to drop in any time on a whim and ask the president to make you a sandwich since, after all, you're paying his salary.

You're quite a deep thinker, aren't you?

8. Shouldn't everyone have had the right to walk in and sit with Lincoln in his booth at the Ford theatre? Just come on in (o wait, that is how Booth shot Lincoln...)

Someone decides to run out onto a ball field, during a football/baseball game. The reaction is swift.

The first priority in the location of the president is to keep a solid, reliable defensive perimeter.

This couple should be charged with whatever appropriate measures apply. They cannot be that clueless.

9. Indeed.

Loooky here, I see party crashers:

[​IMG]

10. They illegally go into a party with Presidents, and now they are whining about how their lives have been destroyed?

White House party crashers: 'We were invited'

51 mins ago
    Tareq and Michaele Salahi, the now-infamous "White House party crashers," appeared on the "Today Show" this morning to deny claims they attended a state dinner at the White House uninvited.

Talking to Matt Lauer, the Salahis said they were "shocked" and "devastated" to wake up last Thursday morning and discover they had been labeled "party crashers" by the media. "Our lives have been destroyed, everything we've worked for," Michaele Salahi said. "For me, 44 years just destroyed."

That, despite the fact, as Jon Stewart pointed out last night on "The Daily Show," the media's critical coverage of the couple has actually given them exactly what they seem to have sought: fame. In fact, Lauer began the interview by asking the Salahis to state for the record, contrary to their rumored plans, that they were not being paid to give the interview.

So how did the Salahis get into the party? Michaele Salahi insists that she and her husband would never dare to sneak into a private affair at the White House.

"We were invited, not crashers," she said. "There isn't anyone that would have the audacity or the poor behavior to do that. The White House, is the most, it is the House, and no one would do that, and certainly not us."

When pressed by Lauer to reveal who invited them, Tareq Salahi said he and his wife were "cooperating extensively" with the Secret Service's investigation into the matter but could not say more, adding, "The truth will come out."

The Washington Post reports that Michele Jones, a special assistant to Defense Secretary Robert Gates, communicated with the Salahis about an invitation to last week's state dinner for Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. But Jones issued a statement denying she had implied that the Salahis would be on the guest list.

"I specifically stated that they did not have tickets, and in fact that I did not have the authority to authorize attendance, admittance, or access to any part of the evening's activities," Jones said. "Even though I informed them of this, they still decided to come."

#10     Dec 1, 2009