Partnering Up - Multi Asset incl. Crypto HF - Benelux

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by elpatron82, Dec 3, 2021.

1. I am a professional quant trader with >10 years of experience and I am looking to set up a HF like structure with a couple of experimented professionals.

I am looking for 2 entrepreneurs profiles: one with strong math and coding skills, and a business developer profile. I am not really interested in a remote form of collaboration for a start.

Idea is to deploy a few systematic strategies (low to mid freq) across a large spectrum of asset classes (futures, cryptos, single stocks and FX).
    Target investors are HNW and family offices.

2. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Do you have a track record? Pref Sharpe > 5 on intraday basis. If so, shoot me a PM

3. I do, but I am only interested into mid to low frequency strategies - intraday to daily.

I've worked into MM for a while. I am not that encline to compete into the HFT field as I feel the barriers to entry are too high for new joiners.

Feel free to PM if you still wanna have a chat (it seems I can't send PM as a new 'poster').

4. thecoder

thecoder

I maybe would be interested for the first one, but would need some more info (you can PM me since yours isn't working yet as you say).
    IMO you have too many classes to start with. My advice: just start small & safe...
    And just wondering: why and for what you need the 2nd one, the "business developer"?
    Do you want to sell something? I was thinking you want to setup an algo trading desk or so for managing & trading just own funds. Or is there more in your plan?

Edit:
    Ah, I see, HNW, "High-net-worth individuals"... So, you want to setup a little company that offers such investing services for some individual richies in the world, the HNWs... Why not, just give it a try, man... I just wonder what these poor rich souls did up until now... :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  5. We can continue this discussion in private if you want.

As for the asset classes, on the contrary, I believe it allows for better implementation of strategies. One often wants to follow volatility and opportunities as the focus shifts from theme to theme. It does not mean follow everything 100% of the time either.

As for the business developer, the project is to set up a hedge fund type structure. That means managing OPM. It will imply building a network of potential investors and establishing trust and integrity with partners.

6. thecoder

thecoder

But how are you going to attract the OPM? Any track record avail to show them?
    I think this is a number too big for me. I'm out. I wish you much success.

7. bears21

bears21

hey elpatron nice to meet u. my group already has an off shore hedge fund structure in place. we trade all asset classes but we are focusing big time building out our crypto desk trading cex and defi. we have hnwi as well as firms lined up. should have 25mm aum 1st quarter and looking to grow from there.

we are looking fo4 talent so if u have track record fo4 low to mid frequency strategies we should talk.

best

bryan

UOTE="elpatron82, post: 5499197, member: 505710"]I am a professional quant trader with >10 years of experience and I am looking to set up a HF like structure with a couple of experimented professionals.

I am looking for 2 entrepreneurs profiles: one with strong math and coding skills, and a business developer profile. I am not really interested in a remote form of collaboration for a start.

Idea is to deploy a few systematic strategies (low to mid freq) across a large spectrum of asset classes (futures, cryptos, single stocks and FX).
    Target investors are HNW and family offices.[/QUOTE]

8. bears21

bears21

if this is something your interested in we can jump on zoom next week

TE="elpatron82, post: 5499197, member: 505710"]I am a professional quant trader with >10 years of experience and I am looking to set up a HF like structure with a couple of experimented professionals.

Target investors are HNW and family offices.[/QUOTE]

9. Thanks. I think track record alone is not enough to attract OPM. You also have to build trust.

10. I sent you a PM.

#10     Dec 4, 2021