Part Time To Professional - What's the secret?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ScottCarsonMVP, Feb 11, 2019.

1. What credentials does it take for a part time trader to become a full time professional trader?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. $ and experience.

Handle123 and comagnum like this.
  3. Consistent profitability, and balls.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

It is very simple.
    You don't need university degree.
    Just need simple maths + - * /

UNFORTUNATELY it is very very difficult to succeed.

Prerequisite :
    - mind / emotion control
    - hard work
    - discipline
    - must develop your own holy grail

- cannot be perfectionalist. Be willing to accept 50-60% success rate.

- WILL NOT IMPROVE success rate beyond 60% !!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  5. That's what I am aiming for... I have been obsessed since I started in January 2018, I have learned a lot with constant reading, my life is pretty much work and read, that's it... I have achieved very good results quickly, I am thinking of going full time in summer time

Open mindedness, intellectual curiosity and not be a gambler/disciplined are the three keys to becoming self made successful at trading I believe. If you have a high EQ and good with the markets, you can co found a PE firm or Investment firm later on, raise money through trading and leverage in apartment buildings, many ways to better your financial life through the markets!

Good Luck

Nobert likes this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

It is almost impossible for part time intramural soccer players playing on weekends at a local park to play professional soccer for Manchester United.

It is the same with us retails, we can become full time retails trading our own money if we amassed a big enough pot but becoming a professional trader trading OPM, almost never.

metatrader54 and comagnum like this.
  7. qlai

qlai

8. Why do so many people claim it's so hard ? I don't understand when I read, it's too hard you cannot make it, please explain why a retail trading stocks and options can't be a millionaire ? Is there any form of evidence suggesting such thing ?

9. ironchef

ironchef

I don't think I ever came across a post that said you could not be a millionaire trading. It is very hard if you are an undercapitalized part time retail.

Best wishes to you.

10. I see... Good luck to you as well!

#10     Feb 11, 2019