Parnevik speaks out on Woods situation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Parnevik speaks out on Woods situation

By Bob Harig
    ESPN.com

Jesper Parnevik, the Swedish golfer who along with his wife, Mia, introduced Elin Nordegren to Tiger Woods, is none too pleased with the world's No. 1 golfer.

Parnevik, 44, who is playing at the PGA Tour's qualifying tournament in West Palm Beach, Fla., told the Golf Channel on Wednesday that "I really feel sorry for Elin," in light of reports that Woods has been unfaithful.

Woods issued an apology on his Web site Wednesday for "transgressions," in the wake of a report that he had a 31-month affair with a Los Angeles woman.

Nordegren, 29, began working for the Parneviks as a nanny in 2000. She was first introduced to Woods at the 2001 British Open and they were married in 2004.

"I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of -- I really feel sorry for Elin -- since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him," Parnevik said. "We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron."

In a statement issued Wednesday, Woods strongly denied any physical altercation between him and his wife. "The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious."

According to Windermere (Fla.) police chief Daniel Saylor, Woods' wife of five years used a golf club to break the back window of Woods' SUV to get him out of the car after she heard the accident in the early hours of Saturday.

Parnevik, a five-time PGA Tour winner, said he has had no contact with Woods since the accident on Friday.

"It's a private thing of course," he said. "But when you are the guy he is, the world's best athlete, you should think more before you do stuff ... And maybe not just do it, like Nike says."

2. fhl

fhl

Sounds like a crash out front! I'd better get a golf club and go see! lol

3. Firemen and other emergency first responders are being fitted for golf clubs as we speak...

There is of course something completely ironic, and perhaps symbolic that Erin went after Tiger with a golf club...

4. Arnie

Arnie

Good thing he doesn't shoot skeet or hunt! She probably grabbed the first thing available. :D

5. Good thing she isn't married to Dick Cheney, he would have shot her in the face first with his shotgun...