Parking my Series 7 & 63 & RIA Start Up

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Marvao, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Marvao

Marvao

Hey all I apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong place but didn’t see anything along the same lines anywhere when I searched and wasn’t sure where else to put it so here we go….

I recently lost my job in MBS Sales/Trading in NYC and have since decided to set up a RIA to manage mostly friend and family money. I am doing this more so to keep busy than anything else but will likely try and squeeze a little bit of income from it. Anyway I have opened an institutional IB account, formed a LLC and am preparing to sit for the 65 as we speak so the wheels are in motion.

Now my ultimate goal is to day trade from home full time. I know I have tons to learn on that front but my question then is as of right now is there a way I can park my 7 and 63 in my RIA to keep them current? Has anyone done this? Do the RIA laws in NJ dictate anything specific about parking licenses?

Thanks

2. Marvao

Marvao

3. LOL!:D

ForMicatrading is the second poster in the thread. If you'll contact him, I think you'll have found the link to have been beneficial to you.:)