Paris! Paris! Paris!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lassic, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Now that I think of it, it is better to keep Paris in jail. She is a threat to society.

But I would hate to think she is taking up a spot of a REAL criminal.

Like the ones they let out early that go on to commit murder later
    when they should of still been in jail.

Apparently the LA county justice system is good at that.

#31     Jun 10, 2007
  2. I didn't realize her first offense was a DUI. I thought it was a reckless driving conviction.

#32     Jun 10, 2007
  3. The time line is worthy of the sentence, I find it shocking that these TV pundits/attorneys that know all the case facts are suggesting that it's harsh:

1. She was arrested Sept. 7 for driving under the influence after being observed "driving erratically."

2. In January, she pleaded no contest to a reduced charge of alcohol-related reckless driving. Her license was suspended and she was placed on three years' probation and fined $1,500. And she had to attend an alcohol education program.

3. Later that same month, she was pulled over and informed she was driving on a suspended license.

The officer had her sign a document in which she acknowledges that it was against the law to drive while her license was suspended. Cops just don't hand these out and say "Sign here," they patiently explain what the document says.

One would imagine that the cop didn't let her drive home, but had the car impounded which I find to be very indicative that you're not allowed to drive.

4. On Feb. 27, She's stopped for driving 70 mph in a 35 mph zone "in darkness without her headlights on."

The document she had signed acknowledging she was not to drive while her license was suspended was in the glove compartment.

5. At her hearing, she blamed it on her publicist, a blatant and outright lie.

Judges loathe liars, for obvious reasons; they are charged with finding the factual truth.

6. Yet, incredibly, this spoiled brat gets another break of 1/2 the maximum possible sentence of 90 days.

#33     Jun 10, 2007
  4. Gee, I hate to break it to you Sheriff Andy, but Aunt Bee is having a meltdown; she doesn't know if she's coming or going. If the health insurance provider decides to approve her prescription for Prozac, she may stop baking her bunny slippers any day now. Did you know Opie died in the war in Iraq? Well not actually in Iraq, he caught a staph infection in a hospital in DC and never recovered. Your ex-girlfriend Donna, is anorexic and now living in New Orleans in a cardboard box with her three fatherless children. After Ernest T. Bass bankrupted Mayberry's only hedge fund by going long turnip futures, he has taken to wearing Aunt Bee's underwear on his head, while watching Sumo wrestlers doing the nasty on tapes smuggled in from New Jersey by some guy who used to be named Soprano, recently relocated to Mayberry through the witness relocation program.

And yes, Goober is still gay and Otis is still a drunk. Thank goodness, some things never change. You might be delighted to know that the chemical waste plant that was dumping magic water in that little pond in which you and Opie used to like to go fish in and catch those trout that glowed in the dark, has moved to Dubai.

I know you're just a good ole boy with a sentient nature, and let me say, that I am truly feeling the love, but you never should have listened to Barney Fife, when he said it was a slam-dunk, he was talking about getting lucky with Aunt Bee.

And God is still alive and well and taking care of all the upright citizens of Mayberry.

#34     Jun 10, 2007
  5. LT701

LT701

you're weird

#35     Jun 10, 2007
  6. Icarius, I understand. I've read similiar, maybe even wrote something similiar. Need to read some better/different news, that crap has a way of consuming the soul, parts of it may appear to be real life but it is only alive and kicking if you want it to be. Life is good.

#36     Jun 10, 2007
  7. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

How's this for funny, Paris will walk out of the slammer with far more street-cred than nearly all the wankers you come across.

I've been thrown in county lock-up, and it is a freakish situation. It's FUCKED-UP. You're surrounded by GD murders, arsonists, rapists, etc ... all the fucked-up scum you see on NYPD Blue ... (don't even ask ... I was out in a 12 hours and could have avoided it altogether easily. Chalk it up as life-experience.)

Get tough or get pummeled. Paris will be one mean gang-banger on her exit ..

#37     Jun 11, 2007
  8. I agree with Old Trader and others on this one. This sentence is unfair, not when violent criminals are being released or given ridiculously lenient sentences. This is a grandstanding judge who wanted some limelight. Let her spend the night in lockup, ok, maybe she needs that message, but 45 days is overkill.

I don't dismiss drunk driving,etc, but she didn't hurt anyone. Plus, she had insurance, unlike the 8 million drunk mexican gang bangers cruising around LA and running into people. This is LA, and celebrities are routinely allowed to skate on far worse.

What really has annoyed me on this is the self-righteous glee of assholes like Sean Hannity and Al Sharpton, two sides of the same coin. Sean Hannity in particular needs to get a life. He has talked nonstop for three days about this. Why he derives pleasure from this girl's misfortune baffles me. WTF has she ever done to him? I wish he would just drop it and get his nose back up Bush's butt where he belongs.

#38     Jun 11, 2007
  9. nitro

nitro

From what I understand, both Paris and her mother were extremely disrespectful of the court and the judge. They arrived late, and they were heard giggling during the session on several occasions.

I think that played a bigger role in regards to the perhaps more lengthy than usual sentence. I am on the fence as to whether it is or it is not a correct length of sentence for someone who has repeatedly been caught driving drunk on a suspended license.

If she kills herself or some innocent bystander, people will be arguing how she got away with breaking the law without repercussions, and that the rich get off so easily and will be quick to point out how judges are easily swayed. You can't win.

She needs to go to jail for whatever length is appropriate. If she gets caught again, throw her in jail for a year.

[music] Paris Hilton fought the law, and the law won.

nitro

#39     Jun 11, 2007
  10. Bobby Fuller Four, what, 1963 or 4??? "a breakin' rocks in the - hot sun -...." Thanks for that memory.

#40     Jun 11, 2007