Paris! Paris! Paris!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lassic, Jun 8, 2007.

1. I agree that the sentence is unfair, BUT, Paris is finally learning a valuable lesson that everyone needs to learn. Sometimes life ain't fair! Everyone gets fucked over sooner, or later. It's just her turn in the barrel. Perhaps she'll learn some humility from the experience and quit acting like an ass in public.

#11     Jun 9, 2007
  2. Compare the attitude of this spoiled wench to a family that has ten times the money and the kids have 1000 times the class; the Trump's (except that wrestling thing The Donald apparently did).

#12     Jun 9, 2007
  3. LT701

LT701

this whole thing was handled very badly

they kept bouncing between extremes, of hard jail sentence, and putting her on mansion-arrest

i do agree that her sentence was way harder than average, but there is one factor against her - unlike other people, an heir to a hotel chain can afford a full time driver - how many average dui offenders can do that?

and it's not just the convienience, it's the stigma, nobody would think much of someone that rich showing up with their own driver, as many 'important' people do that anyway, whereas a more moderate wealth person would raise eyebrows even if they could afford a driver

my point is, that loss of license meant nothing more to her than she couldnt have her hands on a steering wheel - that's it

her ability to go anywhere, anytime she wanted was still intact without violating her probation

that makes her violation more flagerent than some working stiff who risked driving because there was no other way to get there, because he couldnt afford a cab

her claim that she didnt realize her license was suspended because 'her publicist didnt tell her' showed utter contempt for PERSONAL responsibility with regard to the terms of probation - does anyone think the judged recognized 'her publicist' as a legitimate party to this probation transaction?

#13     Jun 9, 2007
  4. Are you kidding? I lived in a state where the routine sentence for one count, don't forget this is two counts of driving on a suspended-for-dui license, is 90 days.

#14     Jun 9, 2007
  5. from the Sun onlline. I had to read it twice........

A pal said she had sent her assistant shopping and arranged for her make-up artist to visit.

The pal said: “It’s so cruel what has happened to her. She wasn’t allowed to wax or use a moisturiser. Her skin is so dry right now.”

Those heartless bastards.

#15     Jun 9, 2007
  6. Parents allowed an underage drinking party in their home for their high school son and his friends. No one left the party, they had to spend the night; the parents collected all the car keys. No one got ill or hurt; only nine teenagers had alcohol in their system and all of of the nine were below the legal limit for intoxication.

What's the appropriate sentence?

#16     Jun 9, 2007
  7. LT701

LT701

the legal limit for underaged drinkers, is zero

#17     Jun 9, 2007
  8. nitro

nitro

I don't disagree with anything you said. But I do disagree that people that are repeat offenders of drunk driving should be let go easily, I don't care how crowded or not the jails are.

However, there is a real opportunity here to that goes beyond Paris Hilton, money, and the justice system. There is an opportunity from a parenting perspective. Here is where I think to myself, if I were Paris's parents, what would I be thinking about what is happening to her?

I would be thinking, well, I raised a brat. But could this be an opportunity for my child to come out a "better" person at the end of the ordeal, the person that I failed to raise? Is this situation that Paris has gotten into a blessing in disguise?

Most parent just love their child and accept them as they are. We resign ourselves because there is little chance of changing them once they reach a certain age. We wished we had been stricter, that we had taken them to a soup kitchen and showed them how unfortunate some people are, forced them to get a job delivering newspaper for their own money, etc etc. [Of course, we would also teach them self-confidence, leadership, etc. What I am saying is that we would raise a well balanced person.]

But wait, let's get back to that opportunity thing. Consider the alternatives if things are left as they have been. My child never grows up, she continues to break the law and not only endangering herself, but worse others. Not only that, she is on her way to the same sort of death as Elvis Presley, Marylin Monroe, and others that lived their lives by having both ends of the candle lit.

So, can this event possibly change the course of her life? Maybe.

I swear to you that if I were Paris's parents or any other child that is out of control, I would do everything I could for her, but I would be thinking to myself: God, please let this experience help wake my daughter up. Let it bring self-reflection, and let it bring respect for her fellow man. Let it humble her in a good way - not so as to put her down.

I guess I would see it as an opportunity. I think Paris Hilton is out of control, and the state may be doing her a favor in a strange way.

Not everyone, if not most of us, could deal with being rich and famous gracefully. Some of these people can't separate their tabloid life from reality. Paris Hilton is one of them.

If I am not for myself, who will be? If I am only for myself, who am I?

nitro

#18     Jun 9, 2007
  9. Yes, but they can illegally consume and not be, what would be for an adult, legally drunk. In any event, both parents were sentenced to eight years in jail, reduced to 27 months on appeal. It was appealed to the US Supreme Court who declined to hear the case.

#19     Jun 9, 2007
  10. poor paris has it so hard, so she will spend 45 days in jail which i guess got reduced to 23 days.

Do the math, she has never had to do one lick of work in her entire life time, so lets count this 23 days as work and consider all 24 hours a day work, this means she will work approximately 552 hours this year. thats an average of about 1.5 hours a day, her life is a total fucking joke, that is why people are happy to see her go to jail, its about time she got some kind of a reality check. Poor Paris life is soooooo unfair, the average human being will probably burn about half of their lifetime in which they are awake working, or doing things that if given the choice they would rather not do.

I can not believe anybody in here is defending her.

Have you ever seen the way she acts? anyone ever see that stupid show the simple life? She looked down her nose at and ridiculed everyone who was an honest hard working individual she ever met.

So yeah, I do crack a little smile and laugh as i watch her crying as she goes to jail.

She is nothing but a glorified piece of trash, who would more than likely work as a prostitute if not for her inheritance, oh wait i saw the video, shed probably struggle to do that to.

#20     Jun 9, 2007