parhelia multi-monitor cards for Window XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by habari, Nov 20, 2002.

1. exe

exe

BCE,

thanks for being helpful and providing the links to purchase the legacy card.

When you say 'it is supported', my definition of support is support today with the technology of today. That means at the least support for Windows XP; go to the Applian site, there is no XP drivers for your card. It's great you got it working without problems, but that is besides the point. If a Jeronimo Pro user were to encounter problems with XP and called tech support, they will automatically be told that XP is not supported.

Between a legacy card no longer in production and without official XP drivers and not capable of running digitally vs the Matrox G200MMS that is in production and supported till Q1/04, that has official WHQL certified XP drivers and supports both analog and digital montiors, plus is also available for cheap on ebay, I'd have to go with the latter, and I did, twice.

The other problem that most may not be aware of is that the Rushmore has issues running >1 card in one machine if one is looking into >4 monitor setup.

#11     Nov 22, 2002
  2. BCE

BCE

Actually it does have a Windows XP driver although it wasn't on their site. The head of the company emailed it to me when I was in conversation with him. And it works perfect under XP. You said
    Thats not true. I've talked to them and they've never said that at all. Plus they're very knowledgeable and they're good people and went out of their way to help me.
    I remembered now, from another thread, that you had lots of problems with the Rushmore card, but the people at Appian told me that was because you had an unusual motherboard and didn't want to change it. Anyway I won't go back and forth with you. I would imagine the Matrox is a good card too. Good luck. :)

#12     Nov 22, 2002
  3. exe

exe

I had an unusual motherboard? My unusual motherboard works on a Matrox G450, Matrox G200MMS, ATI Radeon 7500, but not the Appian Rushmore. When I got the card to work on a different board, the Rushmore would not work with my Viewsonic VG191B 19" LCD. Is that an unusual monitor as well? I should do the usual and go change the board and my monitor to fit the card huh.

And is it considered usual that the Y cables did not fit the nuts of the card necessitating a change of the card just to get it to screw down? What about the inability to rotate my screens but that was a feature advertised back then, and still advertised today.

Do companies usually have XP drivers but do not advertise nor link it for download on their website although it shows other drivers for other OSes and cards?

I guess not only do I have a different definition of 'support', I'll add 'unusual' to that list as well.

#13     Nov 22, 2002