Parasites

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by SoesWasBetter, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Whatever it is, it's not sustainable. The Wild West days are going to succumb to regulation that makes sense. But cryptos will live on, I just can't imagine in what form. It's almost impossible to ban them and mining, which is the whole point I guess

#21     Mar 15, 2018
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Less than 24 hours this appears

Bad news for bitcoin miners: It's no longer profitable to create the cryptocurrency, by one estimate
    • "Bitcoin currently trades essentially at the break-even cost of mining a bitcoin," Fundstrat's Thomas Lee said in a report Thursday.
    • "In some cases the miners may simply turn off the machines until the price comes back a bit," said Shone Anstey, co-founder and president of Blockchain Intelligence Group.
    • Miners' earnings have roughly halved this month from December due to a surge of interest in bitcoin mining, as measured by hashrate, said Charlie Hayter, CEO of CryptoCompare.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/15/bad...-profitable-to-create-the-cryptocurrency.html

#22     Mar 15, 2018
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Bitcoin has dropped to a point where it's not that profitable to produce, according to some estimates.

"Bitcoin currently trades essentially at the break-even cost of mining a bitcoin, currently at $8,038 based on a mining model developed by our data science team," Fundstrat's Thomas Lee said in a report Thursday.

#23     Mar 15, 2018
  4. And now the move to asset-based cryptos begins. This is the only one that I know of so far: http://community.chainblx.com/t/chainblx-outline/225

#24     Mar 15, 2018
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

There has been period of times gold was not profitable to mine.

Doesn't stop it from being traded.

And this is called EliteTrader Forum not EliteMiner Forum, ummmm right?

#25     Mar 15, 2018
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Comparing gold to a magical fairytale coin

Haaaaaa

Can't even compare the two!

#26     Mar 15, 2018
  7. DaveP648

DaveP648

good points all around. Ok, on the subject of trading: Do you think we'll be able to go directly from cryptos into stocks, and back, with no conversion to dollars in the middle? Or will this never be legal?

#27     Mar 15, 2018
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

You can't compare them because you don't trade.

That is what trading is all about, comparing one against the other. Buy, sell, hold, step aside.

Fahgetaboutit over your head.

#28     Mar 15, 2018
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

Most likely but who knows really.

That won't stop the know-it-alls from chirping.

#29     Mar 15, 2018
  10. S2007S

S2007S

I don't trade magical coins and stopped trading gold a long time ago.....

#30     Mar 15, 2018