Parasites

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by SoesWasBetter, Mar 6, 2018.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

Kinda like sending beaten down horses to the glue factory. Now you're thinking.

#11     Mar 6, 2018
  2. DaveV

DaveV

Probably not. In the U.S., hydropower is produced for an average of 0.85 cents per kilowatt-hour (kwh). So the power company is still probably making a profit selling Plattsburgh residents power at 4 cents per KWH.

#12     Mar 7, 2018
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

ZH says:

"The hydropower costs 4.92 cents per megawatt hour, compared with 37 cents for alternative power."

But this was also mentioned in the linked newspaper article that somehow ZH missed (cough, cough):

"The culprit was not only cryptocurrency mining operations but a long stretch of severely cold weather."

#13     Mar 7, 2018
  4. Scam getting its butt kicked. HODL

#14     Mar 14, 2018
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Seem like you need more bran.

#15     Mar 14, 2018
  6. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

They're all in on the lies and deception eh. The onslaught has been relentless in suppressing this market.

Bitcoin is worthless, bubble about to burst, warns global insurer
    https://www.smh.com.au/business/inv...rst-warns-global-insurer-20180315-p4z4ez.html

They'll be all in on the technology when the time is right for them no doubt.

The utility achieved for the global economy is greater than the cost of mining. Do your research and while youre at it, do everyone a favour and disclose who you work for.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
    #16     Mar 14, 2018
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Wont these miners stop mining once the cost of these fairytale coins cost less than the cost to mine each one.....they are setting up huge Warehouses paying thousands a month in electricity to mine..once Bitcoin drops in value the cost to mine will outweigh the value of each bitcoin....the cost to mine doesn't drop based on the value of each magically delicious coin!!!

#17     Mar 14, 2018
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

You're assuming Bitcoin will continue dropping.

Just like many assumed Bitcoin would continue rising when it hit $19300.

#18     Mar 14, 2018
  9. S2007S

S2007S

You mean 0.0085?

#19     Mar 14, 2018
  10. DaveV

DaveV

Nope. I meant 0.85 cents:
    Facts About Hydropower - Wisconsin Valley Improvement Company
    www.wvic.com/Content/Facts_About_Hydropower.cfm
    Modern hydro turbines can convert as much as 90% of the available energy into electricity. The best fossil fuel plants are only about 50% efficient. In the U.S., hydropower is produced for an average of 0.85 cents per kilowatt-hour (kwh).

#20     Mar 14, 2018