paranoid ? or is Google tracking me - and you ?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Wallace, Apr 28, 2010.

1. My point. Tracking? Yeah, Perhaps the truth will float to the top with google contextual ads and sponsors. This may be fun.

"My colleague John Harwood interviewed President Obama last week, and he said his Administration in no way influenced the SEC’s decision or timing.

That may be true, but there are some pretty interesting coincidences. One is that, as the SEC was coming out with the charges, there were emails being sent from President Obama to his constituents saying that American needed to get moving on financial reform. Also, I searched “Goldman Sachs SEC” on Google this past week and two sponsored results popped up: one from Goldman titled “Goldman Sachs Website” and one from www.BarackObama.com titled “Help Change Wall Street.”

cont on link..

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36787729

#31     May 6, 2010
  2. DrEvil

DrEvil

In answer to your question. Absolutely they are.

#32     May 9, 2010
  3. 'Google grabs personal info off of Wi-Fi networks'
    Michael Liedtke, AP Technology Writer, On Friday May 14, 2010, 7:44 pm
    "SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Google Inc. has been vacuuming up fragments of people's
    online activities broadcast over public Wi-Fi networks for the past four years, a breach
    of Web etiquette likely to raise more privacy worries about the Internet search leader.
    Even Google was troubled by its behavior, and issued a public apology Friday. The
    company said it only recently discovered the problem in response to an inquiry from
    German regulators.
    "Maintaining people's trust is crucial to everything we do, and in this case we fell short,"
    Alan Eustace, Google's top engineering executive, wrote in a blog post.
    Google characterized its collection of snippets from e-mails and Web surfing done on
    public Wi-Fi networks as a mistake, and said it has taken steps to avoid a recurrence.
    About 600 gigabytes of data was taken off of the Wi-Fi networks in more than 30
    countries, including the U.S. Google plans to delete it all as soon as it gains clearance
    from government authorities."

#33     May 15, 2010
  4. Yeah, Google and other networking sites and everything about the internet is never gonna be private. So watch out and be careful.

#34     May 18, 2010
  5. #35     Oct 9, 2010
  6. zdreg

zdreg

#36     Oct 9, 2010
  7. It might be a little worse then Google adwords scanning your emails. I might be in a chat with a friend, or doing an internet search, and the following day I get spam in my spam folder in my 11 year old yahoo email account on the same subject. If I use a name enough John, John, John, in my chats or searches, The spam will say its from John!!!

I scan my computer regularly with.

ccleaner
    Spybot search and destroy
    Super Ani Spyware
    Malwarebytes
    Hijackthis.

Doesnt fix problem...

TT

#37     Oct 9, 2010
  8. pspr

pspr

Between Google, Microsoft and the government we are losing our privacy and Congress has not been protecting the American people. It's just like the early days of the telephone when government could eaves drop on any call without a court warrent. The same is happening on the Internet but Congress is not passing legislation to deal with it.

Soon we could all be tracked with gps in our cars, phones and several other devices. Unless Congress does something soon to protect citizens we are going to be tracked and our privacy invaded to the point that the state will be telling us what to do and say and where we can go.

Freedom will be lost.

#38     Oct 9, 2010
  9. Better use Scroogle : www.scroogle.org
    It scrapes personal data and returns Google search results.

Here is something for the paranoid to think about :

http://google-watch.org/

#39     Oct 10, 2010
  10. This has been the agenda and a major objective of the Statist, Progressives all along.. both Repub and Dem.

Bush pushed forward mightily with The Patriot Act. Now, Obama and THIS...

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...is+spied+on+in+the+US,+so+you+have+no+rights+

#40     Oct 19, 2010