Paranoid Effect?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by NoviceTrader, Nov 20, 2002.

1. I have recently noticed that I designed systems that were very good at picking major reversal points in SP, as I have seen this just the last 2 days. Should I share them with others? Well, the answer is: no, because this is my intellectual property and I know that it can sell well. I am afraid that I may not be the one to rip the benefits of my work, but some smart salesman who has a better business acumen than me. Why should I do it? It would be basically like working for this guy. Call me paranoid, but I employ the same rules as many others do, otherwise patents would have no place in our life.

On the other hand, I have no problem sharing my discretionary ideas. I believe that employing them still requires a significant work on the part of the user, whereas using a mechanical trading system does not involve any significant work whatsoever. In other words, it is only the system designer who did the work and I believe that he deserves to be paid for that.

Am I wrong in this last opinion? I do not think so. Here is some story: I have been talking about a simple discretionary setup of entering a breakout on a 62% FR pullback within the first 30 min bar in the thread 'The importance of simplicity'. I have even shown some recent statistics (6 winners out of 6 entries for 6 ES points at least, today it would have been even 12 ES pts, all this month only and those have been the only entries=100% winners). How many people got interested in that? Not so many, and one person refused to pursue the idea because I did not show on the charts what I meant by that. Meaning, he even did not bother to do a basic homework and apparently expected me to do it. So you see, it did require some work...:D

#11     Nov 21, 2002
  2. I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard it said that "you're not paranoid if they really are out to get you."

#12     Nov 21, 2002
  3. Depends who "they" are ...

#13     Nov 21, 2002
  4. :D

i'm sure it won't be...

#14     Nov 21, 2002