papertrading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by professor frink, Jan 27, 2006.

1. hi all from the land downunder!

been looking at branching out from the aussie markets and trading u.s stocks(asx is great if you like banks and miners!), and have been doing some papertrading for the past few weeks. It's all been going well, actually it's going a little too well me thinks,I'm up 36% this month!
    :D
    I know I need to do alot more testing before i go live with real money( which will no doubt lower the return a bit!!), I was just wondering if anyone else has been doing better than they usually do, so I can get an idea of if I'm on the right track or not.

cheers all,
    Gary

2. Also would love to hear from anyone that has experience with both the asx and u.s markets(especially anyone thats done options trading in both), regarding any differences between the two.
    had many beers this evening sohope this all makes sense.
    bhp been very good to me this week!!!!

:D :D :D

3. papertrading for what time frame?

cuz if your day trading...how would you do that in papertrading sense you dont have access you streaming info?

I tried paper trading but because yahoo and msn's quotes are 15 minutes delayed, in real life, 15 minutes can me life or death for a day trader.

so are these paper trades for the long term?

4. hey cashmoney thanks for the reply.
    I trade end of day normally. No daytrading, little dodgy on a "gappy" market like the asx(well that's what I've found anyway), when I trade asx, usually I do most of my trading in the last hour of trade, so I don't really have a need for intraday data. Was doing my papertrading on the u.s market in the same way.