Paper Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tbomb, Apr 17, 2004.

1. H2O

H2O

Agreed, but start SMALL :cool:

#21     Apr 18, 2004
  2. I recommend:

www.cms-forex.com (you trade direct on the chart)

www.saxobank.com (you can also trade CFD and futures)

#22     Apr 18, 2004
  3. I fully agree I found also that it is a pundit as I answered to
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=209277&highlight=paper+and+trading#post209277

#23     Apr 18, 2004
  4. I agree. Eventually you will need to go to real money. If you know NOTHING (like I did when I started in fx) then use a demo - but once you get the basics down, using real money has more profound impact on you and will sharpen you more.

Trade small when you first start because that is when you will be at your worst.

OANDA allows you to trade as little as 1 unit. This is a great advantage to a trader new to forex.

Cheers!

to

#24     Apr 18, 2004
  5. "Sorry son, we're going to have to let you go. You've only made fifty consecutive winning trades. That's real good and all, but not quite up to our standards."

:confused:

#25     Apr 19, 2004
  6. ===================

Peterfig;
    Yea but they screen by requiring business degree.:D

=====================================

Tbomb;
    Actually have found & find paper trading more helpful than e-simulation ;
    neither helps with slippage.

Paper trading ,
    homemade paper tape,
    paper charts ,
    paper trading
    still helps learn levels & price.

:cool:

#26     Apr 19, 2004
  7. tbomb

tbomb

Thanks for all the repsonses. If trading is so profitable, why aren't there more firms out there actively recruiting trainees and putting the capital behind them? Every other reputable profession has some type of formal training program or requires a certain pedigree to enter the field. It just seems that there are so many people trying to scam in this business. I'm still lured by the business, but wouldn't do without the right mentor? Steve Cohen are you out there?

#27     Apr 19, 2004