Paper trading now at IB.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by GeorgeSoros, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Traduk

Traduk

The paper trading facility does work for UK based clients, or at least mine does and I live in the UK.

I also found the log-in somewhat confusing as the two details sent by e-mail are the account number and account name which as they look like user name and password is non intuitive.

The second name, in the e-mail, is the account user name and the password is the one you used to request the facility in the first place.

Although it was many months ago since I created a real account, I vaguely remember that the same sort of thing happened then and it pays to write down what was entered in the initial request stage.

#61     Dec 17, 2005
  2. ragic

ragic

thanks Traduk

I made just that mistake... I'm in and running now

#62     Dec 17, 2005
  3. Will you adopt your beta releases in the future to first be introduced to the paper trader before you use real live trading accounts as Guinea pigs?

If so... you have taken a step in the correct direction....

Michael B.

#63     Dec 17, 2005
  4. laocoon

laocoon

The Booktrader of the Paper Trading Account isn't working properly. I tried to configure a Buy and a Sell button, but when I clicked on them the resulting action was rather confusing: the Buy button was about to trigger a SELL, but I didn't even get that far because there was an error message on top of that: "Message must contain field#44". I asked an IB rep but he couldn't help me....

#64     Dec 20, 2005
  5. rols

rols

After three emails and two phone calls and a week later my paper account was reset. Get this - when I asked the guy at 'customer service' to reset my account because it was millions in debt(due to glitch) and wouldn't allow any trades he said the paper trading account 'wasn't a priority with IB' and sending the 'guys in the states an email would probably be no use'. Duh, what kind of business is this? The paper trading facility surely encourages clients to try out new trading systems with confidence and then go onto real money thus generating more commissions and fees for IB.

The only way to get anything done with IB is to pester and moan I'm afraid and finally they get so sick of you they sort out your problem. It seems to me that many of their customer service people have no interest in their customers. I say this by way of contrast, because when you finally get the 'right' person the problem is solved quickly and professionally.

Or is it that they are not interested in the little guys?

#65     Dec 20, 2005
  6. Can anyone from IB tell us when the papertrader will work with non US data sources?

I want to start testing automated systems with Eurex data via the API and this is really holding me back.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Runningbear

#66     Mar 14, 2006
  7. I just went to try my papertrading account under the FA umbrella and I discovered it's not an FA papertrading account, it's just a regular papertrading account. This is almost useless....I can't test the proper allocation of shares to sub accounts like this. Even a single sub-account would be fine....please add a sub-account!!!

#67     Mar 15, 2006