Paper trading now at IB.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by GeorgeSoros, Dec 3, 2005.

1. tt1452

tt1452

#51     Dec 12, 2005
  2. #52     Dec 12, 2005
  3. I asked them today, this is not available for FA accounts. Nice of them to say that up front.

I'm hoping they can make it possible for us FA users to use it in single user mode, just to test fills and not worry about allocation (maybe they could just ignore those fields in the API).

SSB

#53     Dec 12, 2005
  4. :D

Thanks, SSB. Too bad.

Back on Dec. 4th in this thread, I posted this:

So, it wasn't my plausible theory #2 after all. It was #3 all along. That's a shame.

What a disappointment, after getting all excited on Dec. 3rd (the original IB email date), then patiently waiting for a week.

#54     Dec 12, 2005
  5. def

def Sponsor

I dropped the ball and failed to follow up on this one. I'll see what I can find out and get back to you.

#55     Dec 12, 2005
  6. def,

A few potential options:

1. Full implementation
    2. Allow use of papertrading via the F###### account by treating it as a single user account when in paper trading mode
    3. ???

anyone want to suggest other ways they could implement this that would be useful?

SSB

#56     Dec 12, 2005
  7. def

def Sponsor

late_apex,

contacted those responsible and was told that the paper trader for FA accounts is not in the immediate pipeline.

side_show,
    I'm not on the programming side so I can't comment but hopefully you'll be understanding if resources aren't immediately focused on granting paper trader functionality to FA accounts. If it was simple, I'm sure it would have been done by now. However, on the business side I would imagine that there's an inverse relationship regarding man hours and priority with this feature.

#57     Dec 12, 2005
  8. Could we maybe sign up for special accounts just for paper trading? I understand FA accounts are more complex -- but would it be possible to let us open single accounts just for paper trading?

SSB

#58     Dec 12, 2005
  9. def

def Sponsor

Not a bad suggestion but with the paper trader, it will probably be more productive, to send your comments to the email address mentioned in the communique.

thanks

#59     Dec 12, 2005
  10. ragic

ragic

hi Def

I'm in the UK, and I applied for, and received a new username and password last week. I see the rollout was for 12/12 but I'm still unable to access TWS, my u/n and p/w not being recognised at the login.

Is the rollout still only for US accounts or has it gone worldwide.

thx

#60     Dec 13, 2005