Paper trading now at IB.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by GeorgeSoros, Dec 3, 2005.

1. def

def Sponsor

guys, this is still a beta version and a first release. there are bound to be issues. Be patient and report any queries to the email address that was provided in the communique. I'm sure they'll be addressed.

#41     Dec 8, 2005
  2. Def, you mean to tell me you guys do not come out with all the features fully functional out of the box with the first release? My faith in you has been shaken :)

#42     Dec 8, 2005
  3. def

def Sponsor

That would make life boring :)

Seriously you can test something internally night and day but when put out to thousands of people to kick around and simultaneously use it unforseen issues tend to crop up.

The paper trader is going to be used as the simulator for our College Olympiad of trading. There's good money to be awarded and thus I'm confident resources will be provided to getting the paper trader right.

#43     Dec 8, 2005
  4. The folks that think you can modify complex (or even simple) software and not have 'bugs' that need addressing, have , for certain, never written a piece of code in their lives.

#44     Dec 8, 2005
  5. What can ya say to that but one big amen ...<b><font size=10 face="Comic Sans MS">AMEN</b></font size>...

:D

cj...

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#45     Dec 8, 2005
  6. Hoi

Hoi

The Simulation-Execution-Engine used in ButtonTrader took more than 3 full months to develop and test and exists of thousands rows of code....Users do not understand how complex it is to create something as realistic as possible to executed Limit-Orders and MarketOrders in a real-time market with an order-book on FIFO-base. (this involves probablity-theory and waiting-row-sceince).

The eDemo-account that was offered for years was a very inferior one. I really hope IB built a realistic Engine now, its success will depend on it.

#46     Dec 9, 2005
  7. I will vouch for Buttontraders realistic simulation features. I often use it to practice new twists to my trading and find very little difference between simulated and actual fills. I am a huge fan.

#47     Dec 9, 2005
  8. The edemo was never intended to simulate a real trading environment, that was very clear. It was useful, as far as I can tell, to test basic functionality and api issues.

#48     Dec 10, 2005
  9. .

#49     Dec 10, 2005
  10. def,

Well, Dec. 12th business hours are over. When I log into IB Account Management, unfortunately, there are still no menu options to set up a Papertrader account.

I've been checking daily over the last week, under "Trading Access" top-level menu, as mentioned by poster u130747 above, as well as under each of the other menus, just in case. Nothing to be found there so far.

Would you give us an update on its availability? Thanks.

#50     Dec 12, 2005