Paper trading now at IB.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by GeorgeSoros, Dec 3, 2005.

1. alanm

alanm

Quote from Pekelo:
    People with common sense don't try real money trading if they weren't successful with paper money first

Much of humanity does not have the required common sense, or they just want to gamble.

#31     Dec 5, 2005
  2. How do you reset the account back to 100k? I havent been able to find how to do it.. thanks

#32     Dec 7, 2005
  3. u130747

u130747

Logon to account management with paper trading user name.

I tried it but did not work yet.

Bert

#33     Dec 7, 2005
  4. rols

rols

IB paper trading account has got a bug in it!
    I put in a market order for 100 shares and the price it gave me was 9999999.01.
    Seeing as the price was around $32.68 the value of the account is now showing as -585223367.32.

Yes thats minus 585 million dollars!!!!

Not surprisingly it is not allowing me anymore trades, bit unfair though.

I can't see a way of restarting the account.

#34     Dec 8, 2005
  5. opw

opw

I hope it IS your paper trading account... :D

#35     Dec 8, 2005

6. What was the ticker symbol.....I want to try to short it and see what happens.

#36     Dec 8, 2005
  7. Everyone's getting spanked using market orders. I found this same wild slippage on YM market orders. I've reported it to IB.

If you use limit orders (like you should be anyway) everything is fine.

#37     Dec 8, 2005
  8. rols

rols

Just tried to buy something else and got this message...

#38     Dec 8, 2005
  9. rols

rols

"Dear Trader, Because you fall within the definition of a "Pattern Day Trader" under NYSE and NASD rules, the minimum equity in the securities segment of your IB Universal Account is $25,000.
    Your order was rejected because you have $-9.99898e+08 in your securities segment.
    Please deposit additional funds to cover the requirement."

#39     Dec 8, 2005
  10. stfreak

stfreak

Hi IB - guys out there...I have a question about the papertrader.
    for papertrading in my earlier stages I used to trade on Zerolinetrader, that has a quite poor matching behavior ( a limit order will only be filled, if the price is completely traded through...)

how about the matching engine @ IB papertrader?? is there an algorithm for filling limits depending on volume or time (like buttontrader has) or even a demo server where orders are routed and matched like real ones (a paper exchange...you can name it PAPEX *lol* I´d love this one. perhaps one can purchase papercars and a paperhouse with the profits made there...and impress papergirls :D )

if there is no reasonable matching engine for limits, papertrader would only usefull for swingers but not for scalpers. worse, when testing automated systems, that enter and exit on limitorders, one gets two different equitycharts... (there are some programms out there, that fill limits by lifo - method, means you post an order on booksize 1000 and get your fill with the first contract that hits the size...no need to say that it´s easy to make millions in one day :D )

thanks for your answer

#40     Dec 8, 2005