Paper trading now at IB.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by GeorgeSoros, Dec 3, 2005.

1. u130747

u130747

Got my first 100,000 in paper trading account. I can enter stock symbols just like real account but not futures symbols. Maybe it is just too early.

Bert

This could be a great trading tool to practice and see how different features work without risking real cash.

#11     Dec 4, 2005
  2. Do you have to logout out of your real account to use the paper trading account, or can you have two TWS's running simultaneously?

#12     Dec 4, 2005
  3. u130747

u130747

no both can be open at same time.

At least i can do it right now. Don't know about when trading opens. Today is the first time I could log into it.

It takes a day to approve. Then it is available with a different username and pasword.

Bert

#13     Dec 4, 2005
  4. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

It was too early, GLOBEX becomes active at 5:45pm.

#14     Dec 4, 2005
  5. So, where (under which menu / sub-menu of Account Mgmt.) would I find an application for IB Papertrader?

I don't see anything like that yet, after logging in. Could be because 1) it's the weekend, as maxpi mentioned above; 2) the beta rollout hasn't reached my account yet; or 3) Papertrader is not available for FA (Financial Advisor) accounts (sure hope that's not the reason I don't see it).

#15     Dec 4, 2005
  6. u130747

u130747

Mine was under "trading access" then paper trading. You have to expand trading access to see paper trading.

Bert

#16     Dec 4, 2005
  7. I suggested this funtion to IB about 12 weeks ago to assist in the testing of automated trading strategies and it's already been implemented.

That's pretty great service. Thanks IB!

Runningbear

#17     Dec 4, 2005
  8. tt1452

tt1452

Bert
    Can you just post the link to the page?

I am having trouble finding it....
    b

#18     Dec 4, 2005
  9. Bert, thanks for the reply to my question. Nope, don't see it there. Under "Trading Access" menu, all I get are these 3 options, same as always:

Market Data Subscriptions
    Professional Status
    Alert Notification

Would someone from IB comment on the availability of Papertrader to everyone (in the US)?

#19     Dec 4, 2005
  10. I hope all these accounts won't slow down the real ones. Otherwise, this is a great option !

#20     Dec 4, 2005