Paper trading environment

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by d08, Jan 23, 2012.

1. d08

d08

Has this been thought of before?
    ET has too many people making too many claims.
    A virtual trading environment could add accountability. There is no need for too much clutter, an account value after the name field would suffice. It might seem like an outdated idea but ET seems to be THE venue for it. It would prevent an enormous amount of pointless debating with people like GrandSupercycle and the like. No one could say "hey, I didn't enter that position because of reason x".
    I'd like it as it would be a public venue which would have accountability when testing some ideas.

* It could allow only OPG/MOC orders to keep things simple and save bandwidth.

* Account value could be reset only after a fixed period to add a slight realism element.

* A top 100 list of traders would be interesting for many.

2. byteme

byteme

Do you mean something like Collective2? www.collective2.com

Seriously though, I doubt the owner of the site is willing to invest in such an undertaking just because of one or two personality conflicts on the site.

As an aside, I've always thought it would be useful to have a special "Post Reply" form for the Journals forum e.g. with fields for Instrument, Long/Short, Date/Time, Price etc. instead of/or in addition to the free text there is at the moment.

3. d08

d08

It's all about selling advertising. A site such as ET could have this feature. There are way more than "one or two personality conflicts" here, clearly.

4. So where would we list the 2 profitable traders?