Paper Trading Account for $1m? 3 years?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jr07, Mar 17, 2015.

1. jr07

jr07

Hi all

Is there are firm or platform that can offer a paper trading account with $1m or more, for an unlimited amount of time?
    I have found vehicles like C2 are limited to 100k and online brokers like IB can allow (but with a pre-existing relationship) but only for a few months.

Thanks
    J

2. VPhantom

VPhantom

The only two venues I can think of are TradingView which is web-based and about to take paper trading out of beta, and TradingSim which is also web-based.

3. pytton

pytton

I have been paper-trading using IB for a while now. I am not aware of any time restrictions on the paper-trading account. Data fees run me just shy of $50 a month.

4. VPhantom

VPhantom

You have to have a live funded account with them, however. I believe @jr07 is looking for a stand-alone service.

5. pytton

pytton

Yes you are right.
    And you need a minimum of $10 000 to open an account.

The good thing is though, that paper-trading is done on exactly the same platform as real trading - the only difference being a 'simulated trading' tab in bright red over every window. Must make transition into real trading very simple.

If you do have that $10 000, go for it. I certainly don't regret it.

I did try TradingSim - but I do regret the over $200 spent on that - it is way too simple.

6. jr07

jr07

thank you all

7. bln

bln

I believe Quantopian.com is able do this too. You can create a strategy portfolio with an arbitrary starting size. Orders are submitted using a single line of python code.