Papa John's CEO: My Obamacare claims were twisted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Back when Obama care was first proposed wasn't it Caterpillar that publicy stated that this was going to hurt business? Then the CEO retracted his statement after some WH arm twisting.

I thought for sure it was Caterpillar and right after Obama's visit.

#11     Nov 22, 2012
  2. However you lay out Obama care, one of the reasons GM failed is by providing health care to it's employees. lesson not learned. So now the Fed has extrapolated the cause of failure from just one company onto all companies.

We are already seeing "loophole's" aka waivers being granted. The ink is still wet on the page.

#12     Nov 22, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

If several states break away and form a new country, mention of Obamacare will be a felony.

#13     Nov 22, 2012
  4. The "loophole's" and "waivers" shoot a giant hole right thru Free Thinker's argument about all employers being on level ground.

It reminds me of all the debate about the Financial Transaction Tax...of course, in the fine details, there are also quite a few loophole's to keep the "Friends of the Kremlin" in their position of crony power.

#14     Nov 22, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Valuable employees don't get cut to 30 hours a week.

Additionally, that kind of work in this economy is easy to replace. Plenty of folks out there who want that work. What you supporters of big government, OBamacare, etc just cannot seem to grasp is that business will find a way to defeat government regulation within the construct of the law, because business's only master is to profit, and that master is unforgiving.

Every single other argument you put forth returns to this one, inarguable point. The only way to escape that point is to nationalize everything, and remove profit as a master.

#15     Nov 22, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

We don't support big government and it's good we don't have one.

#16     Nov 22, 2012
  7. It was, but Obama also warned Pat Quinn away from a tax hike here as well. Cat was talking about leaving.

#17     Nov 22, 2012
  8. Hitting the sauce early...I figured as much.

#18     Nov 22, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I was thinking the same thing. Lil' Ricky Retard has become a real drunk here lately.

#19     Nov 22, 2012
  10. You would know all about that wouldn't you, Mr. DUI?:D

#20     Nov 22, 2012