Panhandler takes in $100,000/year

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jun 17, 2013.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

2. pspr

pspr

I read 20 years ago that there were some pulling in that kind of money back then. I guess things have gotten tough for everyone. :D

Many years ago a friend related a story to me that he saw a panhandler standing on a corner at a strip mall so he stopped and pointed out the 'help wanted' sign in the window right behind the guy. For his trouble my friend was cursed out by the bum.

3. Eight

Eight

The US is chock full of people doing that. A guy that ran a church foodbank told me that fully 9 out of 10 people that came to him made their living by taking advantage of every program and panhandling. He kept a filing cabinet with their pictures and all and didn't give them food very often. I volunteered and observed some of them, some were doing quite well.

If somebody presents a sad story very early in a relationship there is a very good chance you are looking at a psychopath. They use the sad story to find people that empathize. People that empathize share their things.

I got approached by some twat in a shopping center parking lot. She immediately told me how she had lost her job. I looked her square in the eyes and said "I had a job once, working really sucks doesn't it?"

4. Ricter

Ricter

Yeah, you bet. He's not exceptional, everyone can be a six figure panhandler. Uhh huh.

5. pspr

pspr

Sarcasm?

Rectum must be one of the suckers who feed the trolls which just keeps them out there getting in your face.

I guess it could be a lot worse. Those of you who have been to places like Jamaica or the Philippines know what I'm talking about. It's open season on Americans in those places.

6. Eight

Eight

Many quit for the day when they have enough to get booze/drugs for their crew. Local guys say that if they are at the right off ramp they can make $50/hour. I know of one of them that owns a house! He's a minimalist type of a guy, very intelligent in conversations about health, nutrition, etc.. He hangs out in front of a Trader Joe's store with a sign. I borrowed his cellphone once, it seemed weird borrowing from a "homeless guy".

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Thanks, Captain Literal. What Eight meant is that the US is chock full of people making a living on freebies and handouts.

8. Eight

Eight

Pretty much... recently all the agencies in the city/county [this is a real bleeding heart leftist area I'm in] compared notes to see how they could cut costs by not overlapping. They found that FIVE FAMILIES were getting 60% of all their budget!!!

9. Ricter

Ricter

"Chock full" means a big majority. Which is untrue. It's hysteria.

10. Arnie

Arnie

Had a lady come up to me the other day at a Lowes. She needed money for gas. I looked at her and said "your car is STILL out of gas" She looked at me strangely, and then I said "remember, you asked me the same thing 3 days ago in front of Harbor Freight". NO I didn't; yes you did, you even have on the same clothes. the same stupid fucking hat, too.

#10     Jun 18, 2013