Panera Bread not charging for anything in the store(pay what you want)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, May 19, 2010.

1. There are 3 magic words you can say that will make sure everyone pays their fair share. "Seperate checks, please"

No need to break out the calculators or anything. Give the waiter an extra buck tip for the effort. Problem solved.

#21     May 21, 2010
  2. GTG

GTG

There is no way this will work. It will only take a small minority of free-loaders to make it non-profitable. If they ever put this program at a Panera near me, and I wasn't allergic to wheat....I'd be one of those freeloaders.

#22     May 21, 2010
  3. Seems there is something irresistible about the chance to be a freeloader... probably why the Democrats enjoy the support they do...

#23     May 21, 2010
  4. TGregg

TGregg

Heh heh heh. "Hi, I'd like the endangered species kabob grilled over moon rocks please."

:D :D
    :D

#24     May 21, 2010
  5. And a glass of martian water!

#25     May 21, 2010
  6. And a side order of pterodactyl wings...

[​IMG]

#26     May 21, 2010
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Agree. Never expect noble behaviour from the masses.

#27     May 21, 2010
  8. you guys are wusses. i've been in that situation and make it a point that people who ordered more expensive dishes and drinks have to shell out more. this is especially true when there are a couple of lardasses in the group who order huge entrees, dessert and appetizers, while i get an inexpensive chicken dish and ice water.

people who aren't assertive in life get walked over.

#28     May 22, 2010