Panera Bread not charging for anything in the store(pay what you want)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, May 19, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

The broccoli cheddar rocks the house! Thanks for making me hungry! Lol

#11     May 19, 2010
  2. "Wealthy" people can be bums too. :( :mad:

#12     May 19, 2010
  3. Good marketing idea..

#13     May 19, 2010
  4. I give them a month until they buckle from the welfare moms with eight children start coming in three times a day, every day, and pay a penny each time for $100 worth of food.

#14     May 19, 2010
  5. Even if people pay, you still have to watch out for the employees who are only making part time min wage. Wont be long before one of the employees pockets $1,000 bucks from the register and says "Sorry boss, nobody paid for their lunch today"

#15     May 19, 2010
  6. That happens even in normal restaurants with full pricing!

#16     May 19, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

That happens to you too, I have been in that exact situation and I have heard the story a hundred times before, for some reason its short every single time.

#17     May 19, 2010
  8. Actually, the reason I don't like the "everyone chip in an equal amount" is, when some people get a salad, but some other freeloaders get a steak, 2-3 alcoholic drinks, dessert, appetizer, and expect the salad folks to subsidize them.

A couple of times at these functions, I did not eat and just said "sorry, not really hungry, now."

#18     May 21, 2010
  9. The bane of every shared meal. My blood pressure rises uncomfortably when it gets to that point.

#19     May 21, 2010
  10. GTS

GTS

The only option is to out-spend them so they have to subsidize you: Yes I will have the steak and lobster tail with a shrimp appetizer and a nice glass of ....

#20     May 21, 2010