Pandemic has killed globalisation, says Carmen Reinhart

Discussion in 'Economics' started by themickey, May 21, 2020.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I just blew a loogie out of my nose into a tissue. I looked at it. It read "Made in China".

The fack, we Americans cannot make anything these days.

#21     May 21, 2020
  2. bone

bone

Outside of mainland China, the Chinese military has a very limited ability to project sustained military power.

A maritime spat or territorial bullying is about the realistic limit to Chinese power projection at present.

More likely would be a border skirmish with India, Vietnam, or Russia (little to no chance with the latter).

#22     May 21, 2020
  3. Enough talk about war. that is the last thing people want to happen but it seems the American politicians is pushing for the outcome or want a war. by pushing for it.

#23     May 21, 2020
  4. War, Disease, Environmental disaster, the anti-christ

that that sound like right of the bible. prophecy

#24     May 21, 2020
  5. War had always been the "go to" mechanism for distraction of economic calamity. While the US is fighting, the huge increase in inflation in order to fight the debt crisis will get swept under the rug.

Then all the unemployed can go fight and have something to do. War will "fix" many problems.

#25     May 21, 2020
  6. I really hope there is a way to avoid war but it is on my expected list.

#26     May 21, 2020

7. Hey i am not saying they want to do this and that, What i am saying things look inevitable, and most likely USA will declare it, IE trump to show he looks like he is saving the day, Stay president, And save economy, Maybe they sense it and they prepare, even if gonna be defeated, they prepare, i am no expert on these matters though

#27     May 22, 2020

8. scroll to 1:10:00

one hour and ten mins into the video

#28     May 22, 2020
  9. 100% correct

#29     May 22, 2020
  10. bone

bone

You two warmongers are the only ones talking about the US starting a war. Please name just one sitting US politician currently on the Hill that is calling for war. Please name just one prominent mainstream US newspaper that is calling for war.

Answer is you can't.

If you want to hear some absolute hateful vitriol towards China please research what the Brazilians, Italians, and Indians are currently saying about your beloved Chinese Communist Party. :cool: Google what Bolsinaro has been saying about China.

#30     May 22, 2020
    Axon likes this.