Panama versus Dominican Republic

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fearless9, Jun 12, 2007.

1. I live and trade from Panama City and although I have never been to DR my maid comes from the DR and came here because of the poverty and inability to get a reasonable paid job. She tells me that the power is always going off and the internet is unreliable and expensive. Here in PC, I trade without aircon from a Condo, I have two connections, cable and ADSL, the power rarely goes off and we spend the weekends at the beach or on the lake fishing for bass. During the week we can hit as many restaurants as we want and never go to the same place twice. Last weekend we took our two year old to see the Barney show at the Atlapa theater, then we ate ribs at one of the restaurants in a new mall. To top it off, I pay no property tax and no capital gains tax on my in country deposits or stock market gains. Come and visit.

#21     Jun 12, 2007
  2. I definitely love the food choices in Panama. Best Dim Sum out of Chinatown in New York I have had was in Panama (Lung Fung [sp?]). Fancy restaurants all the way down to common places which are all good and tons of them.

Have not been in a few years so have not seen the new Mall they built where the old domestic airport was or the newest additions to the end of the Causeway.

#22     Jun 12, 2007
  3. ggoyal

ggoyal

well since you will be trading from these countries, you want to make sure that these places have good infrastructure since that will bring in the money. all else is secondary. first priority is will you be able to trade the same was you did from here? except. u might be onthe beach there or a crummy apartment here.

no not the beach, too much pussy around.

but serioulsy, internet is a huge factor.

#23     Jun 12, 2007
  4. Surdo

Surdo

Cabarete, Rio San Juan, Cabrera

#24     Jun 12, 2007
  5. Unless you are gay, why is that a negative lol

:D

#25     Jun 12, 2007
  6. Mayimbe

Mayimbe

Hi.
    Im from Dominican Republic, and i think that Panama has more to offer from the business stand point.
    My country unfortanatly have a lot electrical sypply problems, water supply problems and a LOT of taxes.

however, if you choose to live in a private city like Casa de Campo,Cap Cana,Punta Cana etc, you will live like in a first world country, the problem is that you have to be rich to live at those "private" Cities in DR.

The beaches are the most beautifull probably in southamerica (along with cuba)

Personal secutiry is at the lowest point in DR history (Especially in Santo Domingo and santiago,the two biggest cities).
    I've been un panama and I think that country should be you first choice.

i hope this help.

#26     Jun 12, 2007
  7. ggoyal

ggoyal

no no. its just that you get distracted and unless one is not generating the $$, that tanned pussy aint coming

#27     Jun 12, 2007
  8. Can i offer them some shelter instead of $$$

#28     Jun 12, 2007