Panama versus Dominican Republic

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fearless9, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Silver forgot to mention Dominicanas are the finest looking latinas between looking for Mickee Dees on El Conde!

Most internet is provided by Codetel DSL.
    http://www.codetel.com.do/productos.aspx

It is fairly dependable, but I would always have a telephone backup to contact a live broker stateside.

Check out this forum on DR for additional info on living in DR.
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/
    I do not live there currently.

#11     Jun 12, 2007
  2. The DR is a dump. Other than a few resorts in places like Punta Cana, the entire island lacks a basic infrastructure you're going to seriously miss. Of course, if you want true violence and mania, you could always walk across the border to Haiti.

#12     Jun 12, 2007
  3. I dont even need to leave town for that.

A quick trip out into the villas in gran buenos aires will get the job done.
    coming back alive.... well that is another story.

#13     Jun 12, 2007
  4. punta cana will never make the cut from what I have seen on the net.
    It appears too shiny and too full on trump/clinton clones.
    We prefer things to be more real.

#14     Jun 12, 2007
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Cabarete has a few first class Ocean Front condos with independant infrastructure, and you are not locked in an all inclusive.

Ignore IvanaBitch he has an agenda.

I just returned from DR.

el surdo

#15     Jun 12, 2007
  6. Please tell me more el surdo.

If you were to go back and live, what would be your pick of places in DR.

#16     Jun 12, 2007
  7. Just telling you from being there. Panama is much nicer.

#17     Jun 12, 2007
  8. gracias ivanovich

#18     Jun 12, 2007
  9. Turdo, (since we're mutilating each other's names for no reason, now)

What agenda would I possibly have? I've been to both places, several times. I am responding to the OP's request of thoughts and opinions on the subject. Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make it wrong, ya llama. I spent two years living in Puerto Rico, during which I was responsible for the DR at my job (and much of Latin America). I've been there more times than I can count.

Or perhaps you think I work for the Defamation of Dominicans Department?

Jackass.

#19     Jun 12, 2007
  10. I figure most of argument is which nation's women have the bigger boobies and curvier bootays.

Seriously. The rest is secondary unless you are tied to a ball and chain. McDonalds? I think it's a benefit that commercialized processed US food is absent from areas of DR, I would pay a premium for locally grown & produced food.

Surdo, I have asked you before via PM, what area of DR do you prefer the most?

#20     Jun 12, 2007