PALTALK Paid "Chatroom" Reviews

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by traderkay, Feb 14, 2003.

1. let me ask you again traderkay?
    have you been ripped off by these rooms ,, do you have proof? No, you are just a pessimistic nay sayer who has not made a dime in the market and is jealous of those who have.

:)

#21     Feb 20, 2003
  2. Lets see,

You expect someone to specifically tell you which PalTalk room they did well in or doing well in...

after you slam 95% of them?

However, even more insulting to many...you refuse or have not read questions that has asked you to reveal the names of those 95% that you have slammed...

your quote:

Therefore, to properly and accurately share your experience...

please name the PalTalk rooms that ripped you off or wasted your time.

Geeeshh...at least name some rooms that you heard ripped off/wasted the times of other traders.

(Thus, the experiences were not of your own)

If you truly were sincere in your comments...you'll warn us about specific PalTalk chat rooms before we go into them via your comments...

Once again...you can PM me if you don't want to actually warn traders in the open forum and would rather do it privately :cool:

I have a funny feeling you won't :mad:

Here's a story about 2 traders that went into a chat room on the FinancialChat server...

(True story by the way)

Person 1 is a swing trader and holds Emini positions 1-3 trading days. In fact, he's very negative about day trading.

Person 2 is a day trader of the Eminis and is too scared to hold them overnight eventhough he/she has been tempted on many occassions

Chat Room Style: Resident Gurus (plural) and/or moderators are all day traders...their signals are all day trade signals...they discuss day trading strategies.

However...when Person 1 and 2 go to the above chat room via the recommendation of a another trader...Person 1 has a lot of problems with the room. In fact, its a waste of his time and he's pssst he got suckered into paying for another chat room.

Person 2 is happy as can be.

Reason why, in the above situation (not uncommon)...you'll see posts by traders that say they suck and posts by traders that say they help make them money.

Here's my personal opinion about chat rooms...few are good and most are bad.

Here are some good guidelines:

1. Make sure the chat room...regardless if its free or paid...fits your trading style prior to entry.

In other words...ask specific questions prior to entry.

2. Good chat rooms have educational support info.

This includes online seminars and workshops.

3. Good chat rooms have more than one resident guru.

4. Good chat rooms post clear unambigous entry/exits and try to clue traders in on what they should be looking for (pattern setup or whatever)...minutes prior to entry.

5. Good chat rooms don't try to make you dependent upon them by saying...how and what they do is a secret and can't be revealed.

Thus, they clearly post the specifics (criteria) of the trade setups or strategies they use so that you can determine when your comfortable in leaving the room and being on your own with such trade setups.

6. Most (not all) of the good chat rooms are private.

The best ones are invitational only (free) and don't advertise (resident gurus are lurking and looking for other traders that seems to know what the hell is going on).

Therefore, their not looking to teach...they are looking to share.

7. Don't trust chat rooms that silence their members (only the resident gurus has the ability to post messages).

You'll be surprise of how many of these types are out there.

8. If your looking for a verifiable trading record prior to entry into the good fee-based rooms...

good luck...tough thing to find.

Why? Most of these resident gurus will use their actual trade posts (makes sense because this is what your paying for) as their verifiable trading record.

Therefore, the good ones will have a free trial so that you can determine if the guru is profitable and if you have enough time to exploit their signals or trades.

The best ones will have archived logs available upon request.

9. Remember this...there are some free chat rooms out there in which a diverse group of traders are profitable and posting many of their trades.

Heck...I heard there's a few good traders...here in EliteTrader.com chat room during the trading day...posting their trades as they occur.

http://www.elitetrader.com/ch/

However, getting some of those traders in the free chat rooms to specifically take the time and energy away from their own trading to clue you into what and how they do it...

is another issue all by itself.

One reason why some traders eventually try the fee-based stuff of rooms that actually take the time and energy to educate.

Therefore, if you find a free room that have resident gurus that are consistently posting profitable trade signals and provides educational info...

absorb as much as you can.

Unlike traderkay, I'm not going to post a message like this telling which chat rooms suck and which ones are good.

If you want to know via my experience...pm me and I will specifically name the rooms and provide urls (links) to them.

Are you reading this traderkay?

P.S. I do not own nor manage any PalTalk rooms. However, I enjoy visiting free rooms and testing fee-based rooms via their free trials...I also keep track of what I've heard was good and bad.

And yes...I'm obviously upset by traderkay's comments because there really are a few good chat rooms helping traders become profitable or helping to resolve problem/common trader issues if your struggling with your trades.

And to not name the bad ones...puts a blanket over the good ones...rude in my opinion.

NihabaAshi

#22     Feb 20, 2003
  3. prox

prox

I recalled Nqoos mentioning that he sat through Kingfish's calls for one trading day. Made 5 points on 2 contracts or so.

Woodie has quite a following, but I think he over accentuates the CCI and fails to explain the little things that get people over the edge.

#23     Feb 20, 2003
  4. No need to PM NA. Spills the beans here. Name the bad ones, the good ones and the ones you heard about. It's OOO-k. After all, that's the purpose of the thread.

#24     Feb 20, 2003
  5. flier6

flier6

Trader 924,

I've just started in Woodie's room. Would you email me so I could ask you some questions? csxtraders2003@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot

#25     Feb 20, 2003