Palm Beach Traders, Hedgees, Financial Pros

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marketsurfer, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxes. taxes. taxes.

#51     Apr 4, 2013
  2. Still, the big names are down there. High end real estate sets new record highs even in this economic environment. Very modest houses on Palm Beach proper are over 5mil.

#52     Apr 4, 2013
  3. No question about it. Best beaches on the east coast, also!

#53     Apr 4, 2013
  4. ofthomas

ofthomas

ssshhh!!!! why you telling people about Westport?! :) didn't realize you were in the area...

#54     Apr 4, 2013
  5. Are you kidding me? South Florida has the best waters/beaches in the United States. I have a boat and go out fishing just off of the Boca Raton shores (Lighthouse Point to be exact). At about 9am the waters from the Caribbean mixes in with the Atlantic waters. At that time the ocean can be so clear (it also has some really bad days) that you see 50 feet or more straight down to the bottom of the ocean. That is straight down standing on the boat and not putting your head in or near the water. Water clarity can hit 100 feet or more on a excellent day.

There are also mangroves, the intracostal, the Florida Keys, Florida Bay and fresh water fishing in the Everglades and Lake Okeechobee for world class Bass.

Just a FYI, you can hook a Tuna just a few miles off of shore. When they hit OMG it is like a jet ski just took your line....

#55     Apr 4, 2013
  6. ofthomas

ofthomas

on the next episode of American Greed: Scams, Schemes, and Broken Dreams... the scammers in PB, FL... this thread is funny...

#56     Apr 4, 2013
  7. Fishing is one of the primary reasons I am moving there. Love it! Both fresh and salt but am really starting to get into / learn the salt water stuff. Caught my first Red fish near the ocean inlet park. Thanks!!

#57     Apr 4, 2013
  8. Salt water fishing is a gamble here........ BIG TIME! Fish can be swimming around the boat (huge ones) and won't bite for shit! Grabbing them by hand is literally easier! You can tease them and they will follow the bait but they don't bite! Salt is still tough for me too. Locals are real smart and don't talk much. I don't blame them. Fresh is easy just like up north but much bigger here. I do want to mention my old man had a boat in NYC and we always caught more fish then we were allowed. Florida is way different.

A fisherman always sees another fisherman from far away..... Is that true? LOL If you are going to Palm Beach Island to network/raise money then don't waste your time. You are not the first and they will play you!

Oh yeah, there is the Bimini Island just a hours boat ride away from South Florida where the fishing and diving is awesome.

#58     Apr 4, 2013
  9. Was really surprised to see SO MANY flats in the Miami area going for less than 50kUSD (under 40k€... even in Spain with 25%+ unemployment you would struggle to find that). Why is that? security issues in many neighbourhoods?

Am considering a move to Miami to continue with my trading learning curve... would not mind finding a prop shop out there, otherwise was thinking to find a job as a financial advisor until I make enough with my trading (which I could then also "sell" to my clients).

Do you think that s a feasible plan? I speak perfect English and Spanish of course.. but there s the USA visa problem... I come from a sell side background, derivatives brokerage.

#59     Apr 11, 2013
  10. Prices in Miami are cheap for a reason. Crime, unemployment and just nasty neighbors in general.

You are way better looking in the Ft Lauderdale area (1/2 hour away) or West Palm Beach in that price range.

As for work, TradeStation is always hiring in Plantation witch is 15 minutes west of Ft Lauderdale. You could then deal with us screw ups.......

#60     Apr 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.