Palm Beach Traders, Hedgees, Financial Pros

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marketsurfer, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Surf, just so you understand, the riff raff is not just poor people or bums that run down to FL. The rich down there are a particularly vile group of people. A complete classless bunch. So yes, you might live in a quiet area around some rich people, but they will be the worst kind of rich people. You'll see what I mean. And one of the previous posters was right, all the worst of the worst from NY, Boston, DC, Philly move to SE FL. All the cool NYers stay in NY. Actually the cool ones go to Europe. I know you think you are going to network down there but I think you are going to be very dissapointed.

#31     Mar 22, 2013
  2. Man, you must have been really roughed up down there. I know there are lots of sharks, but you make it seem like some kind of prison or "escape from NY" kinda place. It can't be that bad! surf

#32     Mar 22, 2013
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, I escaped unscathed. But I was a prudent observer. Watch your back.:)

#33     Mar 22, 2013
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

+1. If i ever became geographically flexible, I would move to New Orleans.

#34     Mar 22, 2013
  5. Better watch out for Jennifer Capriati when you're there....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tenni...-charged-stalking-battery-195225870--ten.html

"Jennifer Capriati, now 36, has had a tough road since her days as a teen tennis prodigy.....

she's had difficulties off the court, with arrests ranging from shoplifting to marijuana possession.

And the problems continue. Capriati now faces battery and stalking charges in Palm Beach County, Florida stemming from an incident with an ex-boyfriend......"

:p

#35     Mar 22, 2013
  6. This is absolutely true! The rich are the worst of people in South Florida. (Just a FYI the real locals are actually the honest ones.) They will go Very Far out of their way to screw someone over. Since I came here from NYC I have been screwed over the worst by the rich people I have done business with.

My first incident was getting car insurance and then getting my drivers license suspended because I had no insurance. A week later the insurance company was busted for selling false insurance policy's.

Hell one guy who pulls 10 plus mil a year screwed me over for saving his ass a million dollars. I made him a few hundred K before that and in return that is what I got and my lawyer got stiffed on his bill too.

To survive in Florida and to make it big you really need to be willing to screw anybody over!

Welcome to Fl Surf!

The One Who Helps The Dark Lord,

Surf you are not moving here to take over for Bernie Madoff's Gig?

#36     Mar 23, 2013
  7. Man, sorry to hear about your travails. If it can happdn to Satan's helper, it can happen to anyone! ill be sure to watch my back! Hedge funds are flocking to palm beach due to taxation and beautiful area. I can't imagine it being as rough as you guys claim--- I'm pretty savvy at spotting smiling scam artists--- at least I think I am. So I'm confident so far...
    We only place $$ with legit funds with legit 3rd party afministrators et al. Madoff wouldn't make it past stage 1 of the due diligence--- but he sure made this biz harder. I only make $ if my clients make $ so our interests are aligned. surf

#37     Mar 23, 2013
  8. fan27

fan27

Florida is an interesting place. I grew up in Polk County (between Tampa and Orlando) which was ground zero for Meth production during my late teens. Was lucky to get out of there in one piece. Have been living in Tampa for the past 15 years and love it! My previous rock band I played with did several trips to the Keys. If you get a chance check out the Fantasy Fest parade in October in Key West. Total debauchery!!

fan27

#38     Mar 27, 2013
  9. hoop121

hoop121

nobody has mentioned Destin. i've always heard they have the most beautiful beaches in the nation.

also, i'm parial because i used to live there, but Austin is in my top 3 for best cities in America.

#39     Mar 27, 2013
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Destin is nice but Surf is moving for the "networking" thing. Surf is a wheeler and a dealer. A mover and a shaker. :)

That's why I suggested the areas that I did. Austin is catching a small bid with the hedge fund community but Dallas still dominates in TX I think for hedge funds. There is a lot of old money in New Orleans and Savannah. And Tampa has some big time wealthy families there as well. If Surf doesn't care as much about water, I would also recommend Scottsdale, AZ. The place is crawling with wealth.

#40     Mar 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.