Palm Beach Traders, Hedgees, Financial Pros

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marketsurfer, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am also from NYC too and let me tell you something. NYC/NJ/CT people are amateurs compared to the people here. Take any kid straight out of a upper class high school here and they are already sharks.

Let me put it this way. When your neighbors see you are having trouble in NY you typically help them. In Florida your neighbors see you in trouble their first instinct is to bury you and raid what ever you have of value!

Soon enough you will find out.....

#21     Mar 20, 2013
  2. Wall the border and turn the state into a penal colony. It's shovel ready.

#22     Mar 20, 2013
  3. My wife and I went down to Miami a couple of years ago and went around with a few different realtors in places including Fisher Island, Coral Gables and even South Beach looking at houses to rent.

We stopped in this little area called Coconut Grove (without realtor) because we heard good things about it. I asked around for a wine store so we could pick up a bottle to bring back to our hotel and drink on the balcony in the evening and we were directed on a several mile odyssey to get to this place with a crappy selection with very high prices.

I tried in my politest voice to tell the proprietor that his prices were higher than Manhattan (New York) and the guy says "the is the Grove man". It wasn't until I got back in my rental car that my wife cleared up my confusion. He thought I meant Manhattan Beach Florida. We spent the rest of the trip saying "this the Grove, man!".

Hated Coral Gables and Fisher Island, they just felt plain down market compared to New York. South Beach made the Bronx look attractive. I too want warmer weather and lower taxes but it won't be Miami for us. Doing nothing for now.

#23     Mar 20, 2013
  4. I'm not sure how well a hick from Pittsburgh will fare swimming with the sharks :D

#24     Mar 20, 2013
  5. Brighton

Brighton

MarketSurfer, Don't pay any attention to all this bad-mouthing. If you're a single guy, you'll soon be scoring with hot Florida babes like this:

[​IMG]

#25     Mar 20, 2013
  6. JTG

JTG

South Florida is not as bad as people think.
    Been here since 2000 (originally from NYC). Yes there are people to stay away from,
    but plenty who are honest and trustworthy just like any other place.

And just remember where most of all those Florida felons and overall lousy people came from, yeah, you got it - New York, New Jersey, California, Texas.

South Florida offers a fantastic lifestyle - sunshine, smooth roads, beautiful women, and outside of Miami, you'll probably never have to parallel park again.

Everytime I go back to visit NY, I cannot believe I actually lived in that craphole most of my life.

#26     Mar 21, 2013
  7. I will be interested to see how you make out, I am looking very closely into a similar move. I currently live in the northeast and hate the weather here and the nice thing about being a trader is you can pretty much move anywhere. I am considering a move this summer hopefully. I don’t have linkdin account at the moment but I will look to get one in the next few days. It would be really great to meet up with some fellow traders down there hopefully in the future. I have been researching Florida for months now and there is defiantly a lot of negative talk about the type of people down there. It seems like that is pretty much anywhere you go now, my hope is to get a nice group of friends, hopefully traders and enjoy the positives the area has to offer.

#27     Mar 21, 2013
  8. Thanks for an unbiased opinion! I love NYC and plan on traveling between PB and NYC often-- otherwise I agree with you 100%.

I have spent alot of time all over south Florida and agree that there are a bunch of shady characters, but the good people and other attributes far outweigh the bad. surf:)

#28     Mar 21, 2013
  9. LOL!!!!

:eek:

#29     Mar 21, 2013

10. Good news, thanks! we are moving to Palm Beach island as soon as our ocean front condo is ready in august/september-----its a very quiet, peaceful, elderly type area--you are often the only person on the beach--- but fun party beaches are close by as well as great restaurants and worth ave, west palm beach, etc------we decided to live on the quiet beaches then travel to the party beaches when and if we want.

No doubt, it does seems all the riff raff floats down to florida, but it can be avoided in the right areas. surf

PS-- you are welcomed to join our group on linked in---

#30     Mar 22, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.