Palin's act is old already

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

If I tell you whats good for you and I don't follow my own advice ,it does not mean my advice is wrong.

If I feel abstinance is the best policy and I give my teenager permission to have sex, it does not reflect on the value of abstinance. I still feel abstinance should be taught to all teenagers.

We all do things that we know are not good and we would advise teenagers not to follow.

I assume you support Safe sex. To protect your teenager, I can't imagine it's as simple as flipping a condom to your daughter as she walks out the door.
    It is important that the birth control is used properly, then who is the partner, where does this take place, Is your daughter safe.

Here is what "Safe Sex" requires. You need to have a nurse present to check her partner for STD , to confirm proper usage of birth control, You need to provide a safe place for the act. You need somebody to do criminal background on the partner.

Now you have legimate safe sex, at least one you would send your own daughter to.

You may also want to make sure she has a fulfilling experience, but thats a whole other story.

#31     Sep 7, 2008
  2. She's ALL FLUFF and little or no SUBSTANCE!

Let's be honest with one another. This is like marketing a new film with mediocre celebrity actors who look good but can't really act! The Republicans fooled the American public 8 years ago by electing the "aw shucks good olde boy" candidate whose daddy was a former President. I am concerned the current dumbed-down American electorate is gullible enough to elect a repeat if enough fluff and froth is spewed out by the Republican PR hypocrite machine... !

HOPEFULLY women are smarter than to just vote gender. Because otherwise we are in deep doo-doo if we are going to begin electing PTA moms to national office SOLELY because they have kids and look good on Vogue Mag and belong to the NRA! This sickens me that such a candidate is seriously being allowed to occupy such a sensitive and high position if she wins! That is the reason that I am working for Obama even though I am an independent and essentailly like McCain. I just don't want to trust my/our Country to a guy who is 72 with cancer in remission and a fluffy former model who any objective and intelligent person (which should be a majority of people on ET) KNOW is not qualfied YET to be a VP!

Put aside all the form and seriously consider substance! What will this Country will be like with sarah palin a heatbeat away.

THere is NO doubt that Biden is so much more qualified and knowledgeable such that if he was running on either ticket I would vote for him. There is just NO doubt this man has valuable experience and can make such a HUGE contribution to the Country and it's foreign affairs policies.

You cannot and should not replace that with a pretty young thang!

#32     Sep 7, 2008
  3. Intent becomes the foundation of the rationale for telling others what to do.

If someone is preaching (yes preaching) abstinence, why are they doing so?

Are they doing so as a method of preventing unwanted pregnancy?

Are they doing so because they believe you should be of a certain age to have intercourse?

Are they doing so because they believe that abstinence is the only way to protect against unwanted pregnancy and STD's?

Or are they doing so because they think that it is a sin to have sex before marriage in the eyes of God?

Given the totality of Palin's positions of which many are faith based morality plays, she is preaching morality to others.

Which makes her a moralist, preaching her morality to others, not making a secular argument for what is best.

Palin's ilk are against gay sex, gays marrying, against a woman's right to chose what to do with her own reproductive system, against sex of young people.

She would legally prohibit such actions, all on the basis of her own personal faith, religious faith, in effecting telling others how to live their live on the basis of her faith.

If Palin is living a moral and righteous life according to her faith, that's great. She is following her faith, again great.

The difference is when she pushes her own faith onto others who don't share that faith, then employs the political process to deny natural rights and natural behavior. People are following their own nature, the nature of kids to have sex, the nature of some people to have gay sex...she wants to control that nature...why? Because her read of the Bible told her so.

Her read, her faith, which she then wants to impose on others.

If you know you kids are likely going to have sex despite your attempting to educate them to either your faith or your reasoning process as to the dangers of teenage sex...why not also inform them of the use of birth control?

Palin's type is against birth control, educating children as to the dangers of teenage sex...both STD and teenage pregnancy.

As you mentioned, kids are not always going to follow the advice of their parents.

So which is better? To preach abstinence and keep the children ignorant of alternative methods...which can easily result in STD's and teen pregnancy out of wedlock.

Why can't she just say that abstinence is best, but if you aren't going to be abstinent, at least protect yourself and others by using birth control and other methods to protect against STD's?

Teaching kids about birth control is not an endorsement of teenage sex. Palin is not saying "go out and have lots of protected sex." It would be better if she were saying to her daughter: "don't have sex outside of marriage as a teenager because it is a sin against God, but if you slip up and sin against God (Jesus will forgive you anyway---don't worry), at least make him wear a rubber."

Parents, if they are honest, know that despite all their preaching, kids are going to do what kids do.

So why send out kids in an unsafe manner, uneducated, unprotected, with only a hope that they won't have sex and get pregnant or catch an STD?

I've got nothing against abstinence for any reason if that is what people choose to do, but to keep them in the dark about how to protect themselves is bad parenting.

#33     Sep 7, 2008
  4. #34     Sep 7, 2008
  5. A clear case of child abuse by his parents.

Parents who don't educate so that a child learns to make up their own mind, but rather parents who indoctrinate their children to perpetuate their own thinking...

#35     Sep 7, 2008
  6. This appears to be that same kids father...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJLbtSTP9Y&feature=related

Of course the mind numbing gas known as evangelicalism in US is nothing compare to the potency of it in South America.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X043xVrQBr8

#36     Sep 7, 2008
  7. Yes, real classy, being thankful that some never had a chance to live because they were aborted.

When you call others "nutcases", look in the mirror, first.

#37     Sep 7, 2008
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

For someone who claims (repeatedly) to be pro-choice, you sure do whine a lot (repeatedly) about abortion.

Slackwits can't imagine what it's like to be truly intelligent, so you think the same bullshit illogic that worked on you will work on everybody else.

slow-witted cuz >>>> ignore

#38     Sep 7, 2008
  9. cuz69

cuz69

Jackass, I think you need to go back and reread FORTUNE TELLERS entire post!
    I was being sarcastic, the point was Dems abort while most Reps choose to have. And had the Dems took on the Rep way of thinking, the Reps might lose the election. Thats All!

I have stated repeatedly I am pro-choice. Moron! I suggest you read first before attacking or read thouroughly.

But since you feel insistent to attack me on this issue, I say this to you and all DEMS. YOU FUCKING SUPPORT THE 20 MILL BLACK ABORTIONS had they not been aborted. With your tax dollars!
    Why should I ???? If you feel so strongly on it, than do it, and leave the rest of us alone! THAT IS A MAJOR PART OF WASTE IN THIS COUNTRIES ECONOMY!

Sarah Palin's daughter is having the baby and through family, they will raise it. So if Grandma and Grandpa have to take the kid to school or feed the child a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, the kid wil survive, get an education, WITHOUT TAXPAYING DOLLARS. YOU IDIOT!
    THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT!

And to all Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Chinese, or whatever if you are self sufficient... I commend you as an American, if your not, Than Go Fuck Yourself and get off of my dime!

#39     Sep 7, 2008
  10. cuz69

cuz69

Your just a total Asshole and I am not even going to waste my time with you. As I advised Pabst in another thread.

#40     Sep 7, 2008