Palinophobes Hate First, Ask Questions Later

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pop Sickle, Nov 20, 2009.

1. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mKKKgua7wQk&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mKKKgua7wQk&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

De-evolution. This is why you don't buy American.

#21     Nov 24, 2009
  2. Civil War is probably over doing it, but there's certainly a power struggle. There is a power struggle within the Dem party too, though the radical element does seem to have the upper hand at this time.
    What we need to happen is for the common sense elements of both parties to fracture in to a viable third party. Unlikely at this point, thus we'll continue to be ruled by the extremists in both parties.
    More than likely your question is, do I think Palin and her ilk are extremist? Using the Pelosi measure of kookdom with Pelosi being an off the chart 10, I'd put Palin at a solid 7. Dem party overall is approaching the 8+ area while the Repub party is a 6 or so. I can hear you laughing now. Guess it all depends on your point of view.

#22     Nov 24, 2009
  3. LOL....I'd never laugh at you. Not with malice anyway.

I agree with almost everything you said. But realistically how likely is it for the "common sense elements" of both party's to bond together to form a third party.

I personally think it's infinitely more likely that the extreme factions within each party split off from one another. And last most recent example of that we had was when Ross Perot split the Republican vote and buttfucked George H.W. Bush and gave us Bubba Jeff Clinton. And I think that is much more likely to happen again rather than the Democratic Mob split off and shoot themselves in the dick. IMHO

And the early warning signs of the Republicans losing it as a party are everywhere. It's possible that Barry may save them from their own destruction. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Edit: Oh...and I don't think palin is an extremist in any way. I do think that she's a programmed beauty queen who has learned the lines for now. But I also think it's HIGHLY likely that she finds that she doesn't have the stomach for cut-throat presidential politics. And she'll quit again.

#23     Nov 24, 2009