Palin wins "lie of the year" for 2009

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Dec 22, 2009.

1. wow ...

it's sickening that people focus on Palin's "lies" when it comes to this health care bill...

#31     Dec 22, 2009
  2. Do you think for yourself or "rely" on the disingenuous bullshit you're fed by MSNBC?

Those who're "poor", i.e. no assets and poverty level earnings, are already treated pro-bono either by the hundred or so public hospitals in the U.S. or by early admittance into Medicaid. Unlike Calcutta, I've never witnessed the American indigent wasting away from cancer on Ventura boulevard.

Those who're uninsured but have assets are unfortunately forced to go through their own dime when seeking treatment before they go through our dime. What's unfair about means testing? Yes it sux to have been insured, diagnosed with a serious ailment and then lose your coverage through job loss or the like. But by the same token, is it fair for such a person to hang on to 200k in home equity while taxpayers who're perhaps less well off themselves foot the bill? By definition, health is the personification of life itself. Thus, I'd argue if one is inclined to prolong their life, the expenditure of such should be more a priority than equity in a home or a stock portfolio.

#32     Dec 22, 2009
  3. loik

loik

Bureaucrats decide who lives/dies, not much difference?

#33     Dec 22, 2009
  4. loik

loik

Is it a lie that bureaucrats will prioritize in a single payer system.

#34     Dec 22, 2009
  5. loik

loik

Why shouldn`t hardworking/innovative/productive people get better treatment by paying for it?

#35     Dec 22, 2009
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Before I answer that, a quick question: did they get their hard work ethic, creativity, and productivity edge from wealthy parents?

Oops, another question: are they paying for better treatment that otherwise would go to a younger but poorer person who may yet demonstrate all those qualities and more, to a greater degree?

#36     Dec 22, 2009
  7. BSAM

BSAM

BECAUSE HEALTH CARE IS A RIGHT, NOT A PRIVILEGE!

#37     Dec 22, 2009
  8. Bureaucrats hardly ever in any country decide who lives and dies.

It's generally disease and/or organ failure that determines death. However, one that is terminal might find more pleasant to treated by "end-life associates," like is done with medicare read: Government insurance....rather than "death panels."

You may choose differently.

#38     Dec 22, 2009
  9. Why isn't housing a right?

#39     Dec 22, 2009
  10. I expect to pay out of pocket for the medical care of my choice for the rest of my life. What's the problem?

#40     Dec 22, 2009