Palin wins "lie of the year" for 2009

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Ricter

Ricter

2. Mercor

Mercor

How could Obama not get it for promising posting of bills for 72 hours and open debate on C-span.

Whatever Palin says is harmless and non-binding.
    How can Palins opinion be a lie? It may be wrong but what makes it a lie?

3. LOL!!!

So republican lies are only opinions...

Typical birther, Palin supporter, Teabagger:

"Errr, uhhhh, Ms. Palin did not lie, she is merely speaking her own opinion. The fact that it is not true does not matter."

4. BSAM

BSAM

I think the lie in the history of the country was that Little George Bush was qualified to be President.

5. 151

I heard the broadcast on npr when they "unveiled" their list. Even the guy from politifact was embarassed. The poor NPR man could barely hide his thoughts about the list.

There was absolutely no conviction in the mans voice when he announced the "lie of the year"

6. Yes, huge lie.

You just need a pill and not all those expensive procedures. Yeppy, big lie!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U-dQfb8WQvo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U-dQfb8WQvo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. She does seem to get awful confused though.

In the fall of 2007, Palin became involved with the Western Climate Initiative, a coalition of Western states and Canadian provinces with the goal of slowing climate change, according to her Web site. The group established a regional cap-and-trade program in September 2008, but Alaska does not have to meet those goals because it is designated in the group as an observer, not a partner.

When she was McCain's running mate during the Presidential debates, she said that she supported caps on carbon emissions and emphasized "cleaning up the planet" and of "encouraging other nations to come along with us." She went on to say, "We've got to reduce emissions."

When debate host Gwen Ifill asked Palin whether or not she supported capping carbon emissions, her answer was unequivocal:

"I do," she said.
    "I do."

Six months later, she completely contradicted herself in an op-ed piece in the Washington Post.

What's up with that???

8. Calling a politician - any politician - a liar is like calling a retarded kid for double dribbling in basketball.

9. Ricter

Ricter

Good point.

#10     Dec 22, 2009