Palin under investigation in 2008 for corruption & she talks about a 60s radical!!??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Oct 7, 2008.

1. I agree with you about liberals who do not work for a living. Misguided guilt causes people to do, and vote for, very stupid things.

Personally, I believe the 250k mark is cutting it slightly too close. Where I live (coastal CA), >250k equating to rich doesn't cut it... I would put that cutoff at 400k or greater.

We've been under a caste system for a long time and I don't see a way out... I am libertarian in many of my economic views, but given a choice between these two candidates, Obama is the guy that stands out purely based on education and attitude. Maybe I am too young to see the redeeming qualities of McCain, but, so far, other than opposing "middle class" tax cuts at the expense of the rich, what are McCain's selling points versus Obama's?

#81     Oct 14, 2008
  2. Mike I'm pretty cynical. I don't believe the Democrat majority in Congress coupled with the cost of these bailouts (which the House GOP opposed) will allow any middle class tax reduction. Obama's campaign chief David Axelrod is Mayor Daley's guy. It'll be Chicago redux. Daley campaigns on privatization of services, fighting the unions, keeping taxes in check. Then he gets in front of his liberal City Council and the next thing you know there's no privatization, bus drivers are making 75k a year, cigs are $8.50 a pack, sales tax is 10.50% and it takes a Federal court order to overturn the restaurant ban on fois gras. Chaos I tell you.....:)

#82     Oct 14, 2008
  3. All the republicans crying and griping about Obama should realize, their president and the republicans in congress are the reason he is doing so well. If the republicans in power had the courage to stand up and stop the Bush, Cheney administration. If they would of had the moral courage to stop the endless government expansion and spending, the torture, illegal prison camps, illegal wire taps on citizens, Americans would have a little trust for republicans, but as it is we don't and the leadership of the republican party doesn't deserve our trust or respect. So keep on bitching about the democrats, but if you don't keep your own house clean you can't grip about the democrats mess.

#83     Oct 14, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

I thought this why the Dems got elected in 2006

#84     Oct 15, 2008
  5. It is and it's why they'll get the white house also.

#85     Oct 15, 2008
  6. “knows that in his gut. And when this race is over, that is something he will have to live with. ... He put somebody unqualified on that ballot, and he put the country at risk.”

Matthew Dowd about Palin's selection as VP candidate. Dowd is a Republican strategist.

Seneca

#86     Oct 16, 2008