Palin under investigation in 2008 for corruption & she talks about a 60s radical!!??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Mike, the amount of money Rezko gave Obama for his Illinois Senate campaign wasn't insignificant. Just like Hillary's 100k cattle trade wasn't the kind of thing a poor person forgets. (I worked at Refco in Oct/79-she scammed)

My guess is Rezko alone was a third the money Obama ever raised while in the State Senate. We're talking about districts that are just a few square miles wide where candidates at tops spend a few hundred thou. (particuarly an uncontested black district circa 1996) And yes I can remember what I've made (and lost, lol) EVERY YEAR, I can remember the dates of my worst days-even days in the mid 1980's and I can certainly remember campaign contributions I've received in the hundreds of dollars much less in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Yes, he lied. And if he didn't lie but simply can't as a still vibrant 40 something"remember"-then he isn't as sharp as people think.

Besides even if he can't remember without documentation I'd sure as hell have the figures straight before I'd go into the editorial offices of two Chicago newspapers and give verifiable mis-information.

#51     Oct 13, 2008
  2. I've NEVER said they were BEST friends. Ever. Like ANY ONE ELSE I have no idea WHAT the depth of their relationship has been.

#52     Oct 13, 2008
  3. You're REALLY on drugs. Johnson was ELECTED president in 1964 by one of the biggest landslides ever.

In an election much like this for it was Johnson and the Democrats who accused another Arizona Senator, Barry Goldwater of being a war monger. You may remember the campaign,:

Another part of Kennedy's legacy was even more troublesome—support for South Vietnam in its bitter conflict with the north. Johnson positioned himself as less bellicose than Goldwater in the 1964 campaign, and his relative moderation was appealing to voters. But after the election, LBJ vastly escalated Kennedy's commitment from fewer than 20,000 U.S. troops to more than a half million.

The 1964 campaign was also noteworthy because Democrats pioneered the kind of negativity that has become a staple of American politics ever since. They succeeded in scaring the country into opposing Goldwater, a conservative senator from Arizona who was portrayed as extremely far right and warlike. In one famous TV ad, the Johnson campaign showed a little girl in a flower-filled meadow. In the commercial, the girl suddenly looked up and a mushroom cloud appeared on the screen. Johnson's voice was then heard saying "These are the stakes"—an obvious suggestion that Goldwater would blunder into a nuclear war. The ad was so effective that it ran only once on network television. More than that seemed overkill to Johnson and his handlers.

In the 1964 presidential campaign the incumbent, Democratic candidate Lyndon Johnson, repeatedly tried to convince voters that he had no intention of getting the United States involved in the conflict in Vietnam. However, according to historian John Morton Blum, Johnson "was already planning to expand that war." Johnson maintained his non-intervention position on Vietnam even after August 2, 1964, when North Vietnamese torpedo boats launched a supposedly unprovoked and unequivocal attack against the U.S. destroyer Maddox, which was on patrol in the Tonkin Gulf. When the ship was supposedly attacked two days later in the same vicinity, Johnson that evening announced that the U.S. would begin retaliatory air strikes against North Vietnam. Johnson subsequently asked Congress to pass the Gulf of Tonkin resolution which "supports the determination of the President, as Commander in Chief, to take all necessary measures to repel any armed attack against the forces of the United States and to prevent further aggression."

As Daniel Ellsberg has recalled, LBJ misled the country in several ways. The attack was not unprovoked; the U.S. had recently shelled several of North Vietnam's islands in an operation run by the United States, code named 34A. Nor was the attack unequivocal; there was no second attack--the ship's radar had picked up false readings of torpedoes that had never been fired. Finally, the Maddox and a sister vessel, the Turner Joy, were operating in an area long claimed by North Vietnam. The ships were on a secret mission, code named DeSoto, designed to elicit intelligence about the North's activities.

Unlike Johnson, the Republican candidate Barry Goldwater publicly argued in favor of intervention. He was deemed by many -- including many Republicans -- an extremist. Goldwater believed that whatever force was needed to defeat the communists in Vietnam should be used, including nuclear bombs. In response to this the Johnson campaign released a controversial television ad which portrayed a little girl picking and counting petals from a daisy in a field, which then dissolves into a picture of a nuclear mushroom cloud. This ad, referred to as the "Daisy Girl," was intended to highlight Goldwater's alleged recklessness. In the end voters chose to elect President Johnson in a landslide victory. The following year LBJ began a massive build-up in Vietnam.

"Some are eager to enlarge the conflict. They call upon us to supply American boys to do the job that Asian boys should do. They ask us to take reckless action [such as bombing North Vietnam]….Such action would offer no solution at all to the real problems of Viet Nam."
    Lyndon Johnson, October 1964

Sort of like the 2008 Democrat who opposes Iraq but who is hell bent on fighting in Pakistan.

#53     Oct 13, 2008
  4. Hm ok then, my mistake. It must have been AAA who said they were good friends. I do get your posts mixed up :)

#54     Oct 13, 2008
  5. Yannis

Yannis

IMAO: Suggestion for McCain

"With little time left, we need more Palin. Get her out front and center. Put her in ads.

Even better, buy a half-hour of time directly competing against Obama’s half-hour. And make it all Palin. It will whip him in the ratings. Just let her tell us her story.

“Back in Alaska, there were politicians too who tried to play with your tax money and ruin the economy. I shot them with my moose gun like they were common, filthy meese. Now, I will hunt down everyone responsible for our current financial crisis and shoot them with my moose gun too. That’s just common sense, doggonit.”

At the end of her statements, McCain can run an audio clip of him saying, “I’m John McCain, and I’m friends with Palin.” Then we’ll think, “Well, if he’s friends with her, then maybe he’s not as big a jerk as I remember.” That seizes up the base. Palin’s pluck and personality will help with independents. As for the hardcore Democrats, that’s what the moose gun is for."

:) :) :)

#55     Oct 13, 2008
  6. Some of us have more to do than correct your misstatements all day.

#56     Oct 13, 2008
  7. Well in my case doing more was leaving an extra 30k on the table but I ain't complaining....:p

#57     Oct 13, 2008
  8. I might buy that if you had ever corrected anything I've said. lol one day maybe you will get there.

#58     Oct 14, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

This Jonbig04 is only a teenager. His knowledge comes only from Obama text messages, Liberal teachers and Kos.

Once you go back beyond Clinton his knowledge gets very fuzzy. I have eased back on fighting his ideas. He trips to easily. Its not worth the effort.

#59     Oct 14, 2008
  10. Mercor

Mercor

This is a great idea, She should to it from her home like Jackie O used to. Show her flying in her seaplane.
    Also they should show Cindy McCain drift racing with her son.

#60     Oct 14, 2008